RE: [NorCalFire] Current Conditions

  • Ben Kellogg
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
      It's near Arbuckle near the 5/505 in Colusa.

      From: "kb6bhb@...<mailto:kb6bhb%40gmail.com>" <kb6bhb@...<mailto:kb6bhb%40gmail.com>>
      Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch Rd.

      You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.
      \

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
        CA-MNF-Mill is roughly 2500 acres on the Mendocino Forest. West end of
        fire is Letts Lake and east end made it to the wouthwest edge of
        Stonyford community. Very large orders for structure protection in
        Stonyford proper. Timber crowning and torching, good runs in afternoon.
        Started Saturday right about when TGU-Butte started.
        169.175 Command
        167.950 Air Tactics

        CA-LNU-Sites Complex is roughly 5000 acres, a complex of 4-5 fires with
        most near or at containment except for the Grapevine Fire, which is
        closest to the reservoir (farthest west fire of the complex). The VLAT
        Tanker 911 was just deployed today and made their first drop about 1740.
        Load and return out of McClellan.
        151.355 Command

        Both fires' edges are within a few miles of each other. Lots of
        resources pouring into both incidents. Both command and air tactics have
        been on http://www.scancal.org live scanner.

        Jake

        On 7/9/12 7:22 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:

        > Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click? It's a part of Cal I
        > don't
        > really know very well at all....
        >
        > LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not
        > exactly a
        > surprise.
        >
        > Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.
        >
        > Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!! Fires up that way
        > have quite
        > a bit of fuel to play with.)
        >
        > PA

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
          based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.

          http://www.williamssoaring.com/web-cam-pages/webcams.html

          also heard Incident Management Team 4 took over the complex a few hours ago.

          > It's near Arbuckle near the 5/505 in Colusa.

        • Cindy
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
            Maxwell is on I5 about 15 miles South of Willows which is directly East of Oroville about 45 miles by Hwy 162.

            From: "kb6bhb@..." <kb6bhb@...>

            You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

            \
          • Harry Marnell
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
              I think you meant to say Willows is *west* of Oroville :)
              http://goo.gl/maps/CEUu

              Harry

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                Yep I did sorry

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                  Sites Complex

                  From: Rick <kb6bhb@...>

                  based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.
                • Bob Blogger
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
                    Photos of Aircraft and Mill Fire header reader sent
                    http://calfire.blogspot.com/2012/07/mill-fire-photos-of-header-and-aircraft.html

                    --
                    ----
                    Bob O'Connor