Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch Rd.

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
      So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
        The area is visible from my location, and I can not see smoke.

        From: Cindy <cquigley@...>
        Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:13:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
        To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch
        Rd.

        So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
          Confusion resolved....I'm hearing stuff all the way from Vacaville and up to
          LNU, mostly on the various tac channels, I think.

          Sorry for the screwups!

          PA
        • kb6bhb@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
            You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

            From: Pamela Alley <rnrq@...>
            Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:17:12
            To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
              Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click?  It's a part of Cal I don't
              really know very well at all....

              LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not exactly a
              surprise.

              Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.

              Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!!  Fires up that way have quite
              a bit of fuel to play with.)

              PA

              You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.
              \
            • Ben Kellogg

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                  CA-MNF-Mill is roughly 2500 acres on the Mendocino Forest. West end of
                  fire is Letts Lake and east end made it to the wouthwest edge of
                  Stonyford community. Very large orders for structure protection in
                  Stonyford proper. Timber crowning and torching, good runs in afternoon.
                  Started Saturday right about when TGU-Butte started.
                  169.175 Command
                  167.950 Air Tactics

                  CA-LNU-Sites Complex is roughly 5000 acres, a complex of 4-5 fires with
                  most near or at containment except for the Grapevine Fire, which is
                  closest to the reservoir (farthest west fire of the complex). The VLAT
                  Tanker 911 was just deployed today and made their first drop about 1740.
                  Load and return out of McClellan.
                  151.355 Command

                  Both fires' edges are within a few miles of each other. Lots of
                  resources pouring into both incidents. Both command and air tactics have
                  been on http://www.scancal.org live scanner.

                  Jake

                  On 7/9/12 7:22 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:

                  > Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click? It's a part of Cal I
                  > don't
                  > really know very well at all....
                  >
                  > LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not
                  > exactly a
                  > surprise.
                  >
                  > Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.
                  >
                  > Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!! Fires up that way
                  > have quite
                  > a bit of fuel to play with.)
                  >
                  > PA

                • Rick
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                    based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.

                    http://www.williamssoaring.com/web-cam-pages/webcams.html

                    also heard Incident Management Team 4 took over the complex a few hours ago.

                    > It's near Arbuckle near the 5/505 in Colusa.

                  • Cindy
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                      Maxwell is on I5 about 15 miles South of Willows which is directly East of Oroville about 45 miles by Hwy 162.

                      From: "kb6bhb@..." <kb6bhb@...>

                      You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

                      \
                    • Harry Marnell
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                        I think you meant to say Willows is *west* of Oroville :)
                        http://goo.gl/maps/CEUu

                        Harry

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                          Yep I did sorry

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                            Sites Complex

                            From: Rick <kb6bhb@...>

                            based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.
                          • Bob Blogger
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
                              Photos of Aircraft and Mill Fire header reader sent
                              http://calfire.blogspot.com/2012/07/mill-fire-photos-of-header-and-aircraft.html

                              --
                              ----
                              Bob O'Connor