Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch Rd.

  • Bob Blogger
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
      and another big one... CA-MNF Mill Fire. 1200 acres, 40% contained. New
      evacuations are ineffect within the Happy Valley area. Fire Activity has
      increased throughout the operational shift. both are near one another

      --
      ----
      Bob O'Connor

    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
        So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
          The area is visible from my location, and I can not see smoke.

          From: Cindy <cquigley@...>
          Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:13:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
          To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch
          Rd.

          So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
            Confusion resolved....I'm hearing stuff all the way from Vacaville and up to
            LNU, mostly on the various tac channels, I think.

            Sorry for the screwups!

            PA
          • kb6bhb@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
              You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

              From: Pamela Alley <rnrq@...>
              Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:17:12
              To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click?  It's a part of Cal I don't
                really know very well at all....

                LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not exactly a
                surprise.

                Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.

                Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!!  Fires up that way have quite
                a bit of fuel to play with.)

                PA

                You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.
                \
              • Ben Kellogg

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                    CA-MNF-Mill is roughly 2500 acres on the Mendocino Forest. West end of
                    fire is Letts Lake and east end made it to the wouthwest edge of
                    Stonyford community. Very large orders for structure protection in
                    Stonyford proper. Timber crowning and torching, good runs in afternoon.
                    Started Saturday right about when TGU-Butte started.
                    169.175 Command
                    167.950 Air Tactics

                    CA-LNU-Sites Complex is roughly 5000 acres, a complex of 4-5 fires with
                    most near or at containment except for the Grapevine Fire, which is
                    closest to the reservoir (farthest west fire of the complex). The VLAT
                    Tanker 911 was just deployed today and made their first drop about 1740.
                    Load and return out of McClellan.
                    151.355 Command

                    Both fires' edges are within a few miles of each other. Lots of
                    resources pouring into both incidents. Both command and air tactics have
                    been on http://www.scancal.org live scanner.

                    Jake

                    On 7/9/12 7:22 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:

                    > Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click? It's a part of Cal I
                    > don't
                    > really know very well at all....
                    >
                    > LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not
                    > exactly a
                    > surprise.
                    >
                    > Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.
                    >
                    > Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!! Fires up that way
                    > have quite
                    > a bit of fuel to play with.)
                    >
                    > PA

                  • Rick
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                      based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.

                      http://www.williamssoaring.com/web-cam-pages/webcams.html

                      also heard Incident Management Team 4 took over the complex a few hours ago.

                      > It's near Arbuckle near the 5/505 in Colusa.

                    • Cindy
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                        Maxwell is on I5 about 15 miles South of Willows which is directly East of Oroville about 45 miles by Hwy 162.

                        From: "kb6bhb@..." <kb6bhb@...>

                        You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

                        \
                      • Harry Marnell
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                          I think you meant to say Willows is *west* of Oroville :)
                          http://goo.gl/maps/CEUu

                          Harry

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                            Yep I did sorry

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                              Sites Complex

                              From: Rick <kb6bhb@...>

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
                                Photos of Aircraft and Mill Fire header reader sent
                                http://calfire.blogspot.com/2012/07/mill-fire-photos-of-header-and-aircraft.html

                                --
                                ----