Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch Rd.

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
      Thanks for the info, Mike and Wayne--

      Just caught that Copter 4 mapped it at 1400 acres....at least, I think that was
      the fire under discussion.  I pick up stuff from over west of here too on
      occasion...

      PA
      2044
    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
        Yubanet says 100% contained at 60 acres

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
          CA-LNU-SITES 1400 acres, huge resource order for morning...

          --
          ----
          Bob O'Connor

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
            Yep, that would be it...they're staging mutual aid strike team at Chico
            Fairgrounds tonight from Oro area.

            Many thanks, folks..I'm listening without any of my usual links since my
            computer croaked and got replaced.

            :)

            PA

            CA-LNU-SITES 1400 acres, huge resource order for morning...
          • Bob Blogger
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
              and another big one... CA-MNF Mill Fire. 1200 acres, 40% contained. New
              evacuations are ineffect within the Happy Valley area. Fire Activity has
              increased throughout the operational shift. both are near one another

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                  The area is visible from my location, and I can not see smoke.

                  From: Cindy <cquigley@...>
                  Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:13:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
                  To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Butte: Vegetation, Cherokee Rd. & Oregon Gulch
                  Rd.

                  So I'm still seeing this fire as being 60acres and 100% contained, am I missing something?

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                    Confusion resolved....I'm hearing stuff all the way from Vacaville and up to
                    LNU, mostly on the various tac channels, I think.

                    Sorry for the screwups!

                    PA
                  • kb6bhb@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                      You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

                      From: Pamela Alley <rnrq@...>
                      Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:17:12
                      To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                        Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click?  It's a part of Cal I don't
                        really know very well at all....

                        LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not exactly a
                        surprise.

                        Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.

                        Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!!  Fires up that way have quite
                        a bit of fuel to play with.)

                        PA

                        You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.
                        \
                      • Ben Kellogg

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                            CA-MNF-Mill is roughly 2500 acres on the Mendocino Forest. West end of
                            fire is Letts Lake and east end made it to the wouthwest edge of
                            Stonyford community. Very large orders for structure protection in
                            Stonyford proper. Timber crowning and torching, good runs in afternoon.
                            Started Saturday right about when TGU-Butte started.
                            169.175 Command
                            167.950 Air Tactics

                            CA-LNU-Sites Complex is roughly 5000 acres, a complex of 4-5 fires with
                            most near or at containment except for the Grapevine Fire, which is
                            closest to the reservoir (farthest west fire of the complex). The VLAT
                            Tanker 911 was just deployed today and made their first drop about 1740.
                            Load and return out of McClellan.
                            151.355 Command

                            Both fires' edges are within a few miles of each other. Lots of
                            resources pouring into both incidents. Both command and air tactics have
                            been on http://www.scancal.org live scanner.

                            Jake

                            On 7/9/12 7:22 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:

                            > Lots of mention of Maxwell....would that click? It's a part of Cal I
                            > don't
                            > really know very well at all....
                            >
                            > LOADS of smoke in the sky over west of here and north of here....not
                            > exactly a
                            > surprise.
                            >
                            > Fair bit of activity overall; definitely picking up out-of-area stuff.
                            >
                            > Forbestown fire is contained at 1-2 acres. (Yay!! Fires up that way
                            > have quite
                            > a bit of fuel to play with.)
                            >
                            > PA

                          • Rick
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                              based on the drift smoke which is laying more easternly, not sure if they had a wind shift or not.

                              http://www.williamssoaring.com/web-cam-pages/webcams.html

                              also heard Incident Management Team 4 took over the complex a few hours ago.

                              > It's near Arbuckle near the 5/505 in Colusa.

                            • Cindy
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                                Maxwell is on I5 about 15 miles South of Willows which is directly East of Oroville about 45 miles by Hwy 162.

                                From: "kb6bhb@..." <kb6bhb@...>

                                You might be hearing the traffic from sites fire near clear Lake.

                                \
                              • Harry Marnell
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                                  I think you meant to say Willows is *west* of Oroville :)
                                  http://goo.gl/maps/CEUu

                                  Harry

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                                    Yep I did sorry

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                                      Sites Complex

                                      From: Rick <kb6bhb@...>

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
                                        Photos of Aircraft and Mill Fire header reader sent
                                        http://calfire.blogspot.com/2012/07/mill-fire-photos-of-header-and-aircraft.html

                                        --
                                        ----