Re: [NorCalFire] RE: [SCANnorCAL] Re: Del Norte County Fire frequencies question

    Message 1 of 7 , May 20, 2011
      I've been seeing more Units trying the dual frequency idea of dispatch happening on local net and response occurs on a county or local command net of some sort. It's a boon for very busy Units that have dispatch after dispatch, keeps the channel clear. However it does require a mirrored infrastructure of repeaters etc to accomplish. With some homeland security grants I'm sure that was cheap or free. But Del Norte I can't imagine being busy on local net. So find some countywide repeater freq that is licensed to del norte and see if you hear responses on that.

      Jake

      Sent from mobile device.

    • twobells2@charter.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2011
        The two Departments in and around Crescent City respond to about 4 calls
        a day mostly ambulance. the other departments respond to about one call
        every 3 days , each. the dispach is still 154.250. There just isn't that
        much action here.

        Joe Lacey

        Capt (Ret)

        Fort Dick F.D.

        <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('ben96cal@...')>
        > wrote:

        > Meant 154.250...
        > From: SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com')>
        > [mailto: SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com')>
        > ] On Behalf Of Ben Kellogg Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 12:12 AM To:
        > SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com')>
        > ; NorCalFire@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('NorCalFire@yahoogroups.com')>
        > Cc: Scott Thayer Subject: RE: [SCANnorCAL] Re: Del Norte County Fire
        > frequencies question
        >

        > Showing 154.259 as a fire net freq off of RR...Maybe they run off of a
        > Cal Fire tac also...
        > -----Original Message----- From: SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com')>
        > <mailto:SCANnorCAL%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
        > SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

      • Harry Marnell
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2011
          Here in Humboldt it's done pretty similarly to what you're saying, Jake.
          Any combined CalFire + Locals incident will be dispatched on both the
          HUU 151.25R and the 154.07R "County Net," with both the tactical
          (simplex) frequency and the command freq generally assigned at the time
          of dispatch. Unless things are really hopping, "Command" will be one of
          the two dispatch freqs (depending on who the incident belongs to), but
          it tends to be only traffic between the IC and Fortuna Dispatch

          Most responding units will acknowledge on whichever (repeated) freq
          they're dispatched, but from then on MOST of the comms is on the simplex
          tactical freq.

          In Humboldt County the 154.07 is the only repeated county fire freq,
          with multi sites, but even still it has a lot of dead spots. Perhaps Del
          Norte has a similar problem and they have to rely on simplex when
          repeaters would be "better."

          OTOH of course, once you're on-scene, fireground ops is almost always
          better using simplex. You needn't worry about getting into a repeater 5
          or 10 or 20 miles away when you're only talking to people within a few
          hundred feet from you.

          Harry