Re: [NorCalFire] any fires in Northern Cal?

  • Jeremy Pollard
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17, 2010
      I also have smelled the same, looks like its a little hazy to the east but
      havent heard anything.
      On Nov 16, 2010 4:16 PM, "debbygirl55" <debtidwell@...> wrote:
      > I live in Woodland near Sacramento and there is a smell and smoke, lots of
      it, to the northwest of us? Has anyone heard of anything? My son says it is
      probably rice fields but it is so windy here, would they attempt burning in
      these conditions? thanks!-deb

    • Paul Young
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 17, 2010
        I'm in North Sacramento and smelled the same. No fire activity on the radio.

        Paul Young
        KA6PDY/WQLE614

        I also have smelled the same, looks like its a little hazy to the east but
        havent heard anything.
        On Nov 16, 2010 4:16 PM, "debbygirl55" <debtidwell@...> wrote:
        > I live in Woodland near Sacramento and there is a smell and smoke, lots of
        it, to the northwest of us? Has anyone heard of anything? My son says it is
        probably rice fields but it is so windy here, would they attempt burning in
        these conditions? thanks!-deb

      • Gaffit
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 17, 2010
          I drove yesterday down to Auburn from Truckee via Hwy20 and could see lots
          of smoke
          off towards I80. I'm guessing some control burns. On the way home we took
          I80 eastbound
          and didn't see any signs of smoke. Just now on the Plumas NF, I'm hearing
          what sounds like some control burns getting ready to take place. Heard
          references to "bring whatever torches" etc...

          Later,
          Todd