Re: [NorCalFire] CDF Narrow Banding

  • Brian Craig
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
      Nothing different on the freq. just less deviation.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
        A example of what narrow band is.

        Randal Toews

        Willows, Ca 95988

      • Geffery Curtis
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
          anyone know when shasta will change to narrow-banding

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
            Reasonably good explanations of narrowbanding at
            http://www.twoway.net/Narrowband.htm
            http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Narrowbanding

            Bottom line is they'll be able to squeeze two usable frequencies into the
            space currently used by one, thus doubling the number of available freqs
            within a given bandwidth.

            E.g., in CDF's 151 Mhz range between say, 151.22-151.28 where we now have,

            151.22
            151.235
            151.25
            151.265
            151.28

            *after* narrowbanding there will be available

            151.22
            151.2275
            151.235
            151.2425
            151.25
            151.2575
            151.265
            151.2725
            151.28

            Harry
          • Brian Craig
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
              Shasta Trinity SHU already switched. I believe it was last month.
              anyone know when shasta will change to narrow-banding

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
                I monitor CalFire in AEU, TCU, MMU, NEU, LNU & others...no noticeable change
                has taken place for me. I can't see it as something anyone need be sweating
                over.

                I doubt you will be affected in scanning. If anyone has any new info on
                changes that will be affecting us, please get that out to us in the group.

                Thanks

                On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Brian Craig <b.craig@...> wrote:

                > Shasta Trinity SHU already switched. I believe it was last month.

                Gene Salvetti
                Sonora, Ca

                Follow Me on Twitter
                http://twitter.com/apollosfyre
                Scanning most of Central California

              • Chris Africa
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 16, 2010
                  No change in scanning. AEU and NEU still come in the same
                  151.3250 NEU-w
                  151.190 AEU