Honey Fire

  • ernie_foss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2010
      Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the fire, I'm an Op in the BCPSS online chat and did not have my scanner on at the time I took your update and used it to update visitors to the chat room. I love good team work, Cal Fire of course is doing the great Job they always do!!

      Ernie
    • nitrobear@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2010
        Ernie,

        Glad the post was useful. That area, as anyone in Butte County knows, that would be  BCU , Butte County, CA, can explode with just any bit of fire! They are releasing assets right and left now at 20:45. I think there is a hand crew on scene for mop up. Acreage was small and yes, CAL Fire just does a super job with hard hitting initial attack.

        Way back when, we didn't even dream of this sort of initial attack capability but that is another discussion.  Glad they got it. Our relatively high humidity so far has helped. There is a lot of flash fuels from the high rain fall which could turn ugly in a hurry. My Wx station says 46% relative humidity now which is not common for July 24 around here.

        Nitrobear