Re: [NorCalFire] Station Closing

  • twobells2@charter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2010
      David,
      There are five seasonal stations and five year round stations In the HUU Humblodt- Del Norte ranger unit. It has been like this since the beginning of fire.

      Now I notice this reduced staffing of only 2 year round stations open. This comes from a resource status report prepared 03/03/2010.

      We have no Amador or Kern plans. The local fire districts pay for and provide their own protection, equipment and firefighters. Cal Fire provides their own funding, equipment, and firefighters for the areas they protect. There is no problem with any of our fire districts.

      My question then and now is: is this situation of closed stations occuring in other ranger units?
      Joe Lacey