MNF - Doe Peak fire

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
      Was everyone sleeping today while we had high 60's temps with 10% RH and
      40mph sustained winds?

      Mendocino working a 70-100 acre fire in the Grindstone drainage area off
      of Doe Peak. Driving home tonight I could see from Orland both sides of
      the canyon lit up with quite a few hotspots - at 9:25pm! Quite the fire
      for this location and time. And no rain until next weekend? They flew
      Copter 205 Saturday and rolled dozers out of TGU. Will see if there's
      any aircraft planned for Sunday.

      http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/mendocino/maps/quad/block/alder_springs.php

      169.175 MNF Forest (priority 2 on scancal.org live scanner)
      168.200 Tac 2 (pri3)

      Jake
    • Donald Timothy Tribble
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
        Prescribed burn...still within prescribed parameters...they are just nervous about the winds...

        Tim Tribble
        Sent from my VZW BB

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
          Oh THAT I didn't realize. Thanks Tim! Yeah, there was a lot of radio
          chatter and visual heat for an RX burn at 930pm :)
          Jake

          Donald Timothy Tribble wrote:

          > Prescribed burn...still within prescribed parameters.. .they are just
          > nervous about the winds...
          >
          > Tim Tribble
          > Sent from my VZW BB

        • Donald Timothy Tribble
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
            Well...that's the story USFS is sticking too...for the moment...

            Tim Tribble
            Sent from my VZW BB

            Oh THAT I didn't realize. Thanks Tim! Yeah, there was a lot of radio
            chatter and visual heat for an RX burn at 930pm :)
            Jake

            Donald Timothy Tribble wrote:

            > Prescribed burn...still within prescribed parameters.. .they are just
            > nervous about the winds...
            >
            > Tim Tribble
            > Sent from my VZW BB

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
              Wonder if this could explain the heavy helo (crane type) that flew north
              low heading to chico yesterday (Saturday) could have scratched its belly

              _____

              ------------------------------------

              Acronyms and More!
              http://www.scancal <http://www.scancal.org/glossary.html> org/glossary.html

              Moderator questions/problems?
              mail directly at norcalfire-owner@
              <mailto:norcalfire-owner%40yahoogroups.comYahoo> yahoogroups.comYahoo!
              Groups Links

            • tcaves
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
                Actually It's a RX burn that got a little out of hand. As I understand it
                they have not called in an escape burn yet. They have 24 hrs to get it
                contained & back in prescription before it's required.

                From: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:norcalfire%40yahoogroups.com>