Re: [NorCalFire] Shasta County fire???

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
      All the SHU lightning fires...
      151.160 SHU Local Net (priority 2 on live scanner)
      151.355 Command 1 (slightly degraded signal - multipath)
      151.175 Command 9 (priority 4 on live scanner)

      unknown air tactics, but I've got all the standards in the scanner.
      Sounds like this evening I had the tankers, was out of town all weekend.
      Hopefully they don't pull an odd ball for Monday's comm plan.

      scancal.org live scanner

      Jake
    • Gaffit
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
        From: "Jake H"

        > All the SHU lightning fires...
        > 151.355 Command 1 (slightly degraded signal - multipath)

        Most of the traffic I've been hearing the past two days appears
        to be dealing with a fire up around Eagle Lake area, which I'm
        guessing is the Eagle Lake north of Susanville. What's odd is
        that I'm for the first time hearing anything on Command 1 from
        up here in eastern Plumas county. What's even more odd is
        that I'm only hearing it on one scanner hooked up to a RS
        funky looking antenna that I picked up on clearance for
        $10 last year. It's hooked up to an older Uniden MR8100
        that I use mostly for local Plumas county stuff. Just happened
        to have some CDF and USFS freqs programmed in from back
        in the days when I lived down in the valley...

        All the other radios and antennae combination don't pick it up.

        I'm even having a hard time hearing Plumas working the fire
        up around the Milford area on 170.550 today.

        BUT, six meters has been hot! (Sorry fer that OT bit there) ;-)

        Go figure...

        Later,
        Todd
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hey Todd - I'm surprised I was hearing that Command 1 traffic from down
          here in Red Bluff. LMU kept saying Cmd1 Tone 1, which is Shaffer Mtn NE
          of Susanville! It was very multi-pathy and scratchy but readable if
          you're patient with the static. I'm hating this skip and ducting
          happening right now because it makes listening to calfire near
          impossible with a decent antenna. Distant local nets start walking over
          nearby tactical and command nets. Gah!

          Jake