Hold on to your hats, Jake!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2009
      Those of you north of Chico, get ready to MOVE! This storm is very very
      active in both lightning and rain, with lots of ground strikes.

      Fast moving, too.

      List of strikes/fires here to follow.

      PA
      0014 hrs
    • Chris Africa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2009
        The storm is very active in NEU as well just
        Woke me up, chased the storm through Roseville
        To auburn then back to Lincoln.
        Some poles struck, but unable to figure out
        How it is doing on the east side?
        Anyone know?

        On Jun 4, 2009, at 12:16 AM, "Pamela Alley" <rnrq@...> wrote:

        Those of you north of Chico, get ready to MOVE! This storm is very very
        active in both lightning and rain, with lots of ground strikes.

        Fast moving, too.

        List of strikes/fires here to follow.

        PA
        0014 hrs

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2009
          Thanks Pam! My brother almost got hit a few times near Vina Helitack
          taking pictures - luckily he was in the car. Poles hit two poles down
          from him. I just got back myself from Hwy 36 near Tuscan Buttes. Fun
          pictures. At one point most of the valley blacked out and came back
          later. Definitely stayed in the car.

          LOTS of precip with this. Copter 205 will remain in TGU for recon in the
          morning I heard admin chit chatting.

          Currently at 0130 the east side in Colusa is getting slammed. Snow Mtn
          Wilderness, Mt. St. John, Goat Mtn area all west of Stonyford - slow
          moving northwest. Unreal. Maybe we'll do this all again tomorrow night?
          Jake

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2009
            Can't wait to see the pics, Jake...you do good work! I never get to see a
            storm anymore unless it, like this one, runs right over the top of me.
            (Guess one of these days someone will find a way to 'fix' dogs that hate
            storms...)

            PA
          • Richard Tidd
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2009
              Hi

              Thanks to a friend who is housing an online fire scanner I supplied, we now have
              new online fire scanner for the Tuolumne County area of California that is hosted
              by ScanAmerica at the following address: http://tuolumne.ca.scanamerica.us/index.php

              The fire scanner covers the Tuolumne, Calaveras and Mariposa & Alpine Co.'s
              area of California. The scanner is located at a friend's house in Tuolumne Co.

              We are scanning CalFire, air attacks, Columbia air attack base, NIFC & other
              fire frequencies for this area as well as Stanislaus NF & Yosemite NP.

              This is a combined endeavor of two Ham’s
              & fire buff’s, (KE6HNY & WA6AVR)..

              Just in time for fire season, so
              listen in.

              Also, thanks to other stream volunteers
              & ScanAmerica, many areas of the Sierra Nevada Mountains & others areas
              are covered online.

              Checkout the California streams at
              ScanAmerica at: http://ca.scanamerica.us/index.php

              _________
              Thank You
              Richard Tidd
              richtidd1@...

              Listen to my online scanners at ScanAmerica.
              San Mateo Co. FD & PD scanners:
              http://sanmateo.ca.scanamerica.us/index.php

              Tuolumne, Calaveras, Mariposa & Alpine Co's area fire:
              http://tuolumne.ca.scanamerica.us/index.php

              Check out these favorites:
              http://www.firedispatch.com/