Re: [NorCalFire] CDF Numbering System (and AEU stuff)

  • Smokey Behr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2000
      On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:23:06 -0700, Jake Hickok
      <jmhickok@...> wrote:

      >North Ops uses a closed system interlinking the CDF ECC's and North
      >Ops via telephone. However, the USFS portion of the North Ops can be
      >heard on 1 of 4 lowband repeaters throughout the north state. Redding
      >repeater is 41.790 and Susanville repeater is at 46.970 (Yes it is
      >there with portable phones - don't ask as I have no clue why), the
      >other two repeaters that I have not heard yet are 36.750 and 36.970

      Actually it's an Intercom type system linked by microwave. There's a
      speaker in each ECC that's dedicated for monitoring the Ops channel,
      and a red handset that's for talking on the system. There's also a
      channel that goes between North Ops, South Ops and CDF HQ only for
      interregional coordination.

      41.79 is listed as an Army frequency, and yes, 46.97 is a cordless
      phone base freq. The 36.75 freq. is listed as Forest Service, and the
      36.97 freq. is a generic Dept. of Ag. channel.

      --
      Smokey Behr
      http://socalfire.tripod.com - Your home for the latest information on wildfires in Southern California and the U.S.