BUTTE: Hwy 70 x Ophir Vegetation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2008
      Ophir IC on White 2.... Working toward Powerhouse Hill Road, some mention
      of Palermo Road and structure protection need.

      Water tender all call; HEAVY changeable winds. This one could go a ways and
      there are some structures at hazard in that area if so.

      Been missing all the chatter--working in the yard.

      Two helicopters and two air tankers working the fire at this point, far as I
      can tell.

      I don't plan to go chasing this one--too fast moving and very easy to get in
      the way....besides, don't have a scanner that will run on batteries. :)

      Ordering two additional air tankers at this time.

      12:55
      Butte Fire 151.400