Forest Service fire by Platina

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
      I haven't heard much except they sent Engine 2478 to assist Forest
      Service in "Harrison gulch" last evening, and they've sent a few
      helicopters this morning. I got a call at 5:20 this
      morning to go on a strike team to meet up at Platina. (Obviously I
      wasn't able to go) Has anyone heard anything on this fire?
      Harrison gulch is between Platina and Knob.
      I just heard "frequency 171.575"
    • Brian Craig

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
          It a SHF incident. More info at this link

          http://www.wildlandfire.com/hotlist/showthread.php?p=17445#post17445

          >I heard Six Rivers engine 44 responding code 3 from Mad River to
          >Harrison Gulch late yesterday afternoon.
          >

          > I haven't heard much except they sent Engine 2478 to assist Forest
          > Service in "Harrison gulch" last evening, and they've sent a few
          > helicopters this morning. I got a call at 5:20 this
          > morning to go on a strike team to meet up at Platina. (Obviously I
          > wasn't able to go) Has anyone heard anything on this fire?
          > Harrison gulch is between Platina and Knob.
          > I just heard "frequency 171.575"

        • Mark Ward
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
            Wildcad has SRF E32, E41, E44 and WT45, on the incident, as well as
            SHF Div-2, Batt 11, Trinity Crew 1, Dozer 29, E11, E21, E22, E31, E62,
            E71, and WTs 16, 26 and 46 all onscene.

            --
            The Other Mark
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
              This morning Salt Creek crew and at least two Lake/Napa Unit engines
              went up. Tehama ECC gave it as CDF Command 2 (151.265), with numerous
              tacticals but to show up SHF Forest Net 171.575 for further. Kinda
              interesting to have a CDF command repeater on a forest fire.

              I was watching a lot of smoke in that area over the past week with some
              prescribed burns.
              Jake

              Mark Ward wrote:

              > Wildcad has SRF E32, E41, E44 and WT45, on the incident, as well as
              > SHF Div-2, Batt 11, Trinity Crew 1, Dozer 29, E11, E21, E22, E31, E62,
              > E71, and WTs 16, 26 and 46 all onscene.
              >
              > On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Brian Craig <fatty@hughes. net
              > <mailto:fatty%40hughes.net>> wrote:
              > > I heard Six Rivers engine 44 responding code 3 from Mad River to
              > Harrison Gulch late yesterday afternoon.
              >
              > --
              > The Other Mark

            • Harry Marnell
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
                We're getting intermittent showers and even a little snow at about 1500'
                here in Humboldt, so hopefully you'll get some moisture from us within a
                few hours.

                Other than a few CalFire messages, I'm not hearing any traffic about it,
                not that I'd expect to.

                Harry

                Jake H wrote:
                > This morning Salt Creek crew and at least two Lake/Napa Unit engines
                > went up. Tehama ECC gave it as CDF Command 2 (151.265), with numerous
                > tacticals but to show up SHF Forest Net 171.575 for further. Kinda
                > interesting to have a CDF command repeater on a forest fire.
                >
                > I was watching a lot of smoke in that area over the past week with
                > some prescribed burns.
                > Jake
              • Gene Salvetti
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 19, 2008
                  I've got a question I hope someone has an answer for...

                  Harry gave a command freq of 151.265 for the incident.

                  Is there a breakdown on what agencies use what command channels in Calfire?

                  I would love to be able to set those up in their applicable areas, but radioreference gives a very general listing.

                  Gene
                  Sonora, Ca

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
                    Shameless plug but norcalscan.org has had the command repeaters and
                    their service areas listed for quite a few years.
                    http://fire.norcalscan.org/cdf/cdfuse.htm

                    The only agency to use/authorize those command channels is CalFire. Of
                    course any agency responding mutual aid to a state incident that has
                    that command channel activated can use it also. Let me know if that
                    doesn't answer your question.

                    Jake
                    norcalscan.org

                    Gene Salvetti wrote:

                    > I've got a question I hope someone has an answer for...
                    >
                    > Harry gave a command freq of 151.265 for the incident.
                    >
                    > Is there a breakdown on what agencies use what command channels in
                    > Calfire?
                    >
                    > I would love to be able to set those up in their applicable areas, but
                    > radioreference gives a very general listing.
                    >
                    > Gene
                    > Sonora, Ca

                  • Cap Pennell
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
                      Yes, and that list is ready for a update now to change "CDF" to "CAL FIRE"
                      (not CalFire nor Cal Fire nor cal-fire). <grin>

                      73, Cap

                      January 18, 2008 version, California STATEWIDE CHANNEL PLAN – 2008 (scroll
                      down at):
                      http://www.firescope.org/ics-big-fog/ICS420-1AppendixA.pdf