Vegetation fire-Plumas N.F.-Forgay Pt. area

  • engine242
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 7:15 PM
      At approximately 1800hrs, the PNF and Indian Valley Fire responded
      to, and are on scene of, a vegetation fire off of Pioneer Rd, near
      Forgay Pt., in the Greenville / Indian Valley area.

      PNF DV2 arrived on scene along with local fire personnel and reported
      a 1/2 acre fire with slow ROS, burning in grass and Oak litter, and
      underneath some high tension powerlines. DV2 anticipated few
      problems with containment, however, there will be extensive mop-up.

      PNF DV2 & DV5, Batt. 21 & Batt. 25 responded and two PNF engines (I
      believe 1 each from the Mt. Hough RD and Greenville RD) were being
      put together and crewed to respond. 1 engine requested was to be a
      4x4)also responded or were enroute. Indian Valley fire responded
      with equipment, personnel, and at least 1 engine & 1 water tender, I
      believe.

      This sounded like it was going to be one of those spring, warm-up
      type incidents, quick knock down & lots of mop-up.

      Also, on a side note, at approximately 1900hrs, Quincy Fire was
      dispatched to reported lines down and burning on the west end of
      Quincy. Upon arrival Quincy fire discovered an underground
      electrical fire burning through the underground lines. Quincy Fire
      is staging on scene and awaiting arrival of PG&E before suppression
      action can be taken. CHP & PCSO are also on scene assisting with
      traffic control and keeping the general area clear. Power is out in
      that area of town, which has also caused at least one bank / business
      alarm system to activate and add a little more confusion to the
      evening.
    • wacybarber
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 8:58 PM
        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "engine242" <sr5401@...> wrote:

        > At approximately 1800hrs, the PNF and Indian Valley Fire responded
        > to, and are on scene of, a vegetation fire off of Pioneer Rd, near
        > Forgay Pt., in the Greenville / Indian Valley area.
        >
        > PNF DV2 arrived on scene along with local fire personnel and reported
        > a 1/2 acre fire with slow ROS, burning in grass and Oak litter, and
        > underneath some high tension powerlines. DV2 anticipated few
        > problems with containment, however, there will be extensive mop-up.
        >
        > PNF DV2 & DV5, Batt. 21 & Batt. 25 responded and two PNF engines (I
        > believe 1 each from the Mt. Hough RD and Greenville RD) were being
        > put together and crewed to respond. 1 engine requested was to be a
        > 4x4)also responded or were enroute. Indian Valley fire responded
        > with equipment, personnel, and at least 1 engine & 1 water tender, I
        > believe.
        >
        > This sounded like it was going to be one of those spring, warm-up
        > type incidents, quick knock down & lots of mop-up.
        >
        > Also, on a side note, at approximately 1900hrs, Quincy Fire was
        > dispatched to reported lines down and burning on the west end of
        > Quincy. Upon arrival Quincy fire discovered an underground
        > electrical fire burning through the underground lines. Quincy Fire
        > is staging on scene and awaiting arrival of PG&E before suppression
        > action can be taken. CHP & PCSO are also on scene assisting with
        > traffic control and keeping the general area clear. Power is out in
        > that area of town, which has also caused at least one bank / business
        > alarm system to activate and add a little more confusion to the
        > evening.

        sounds like a season warm up sounds like we better be ready,
        gonna be a long season.
      • twobells2@charter.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 4:48 PM
          As a old smoke, I can't tell you how many springs, I've heard the same words, "Gonna be the worst season ever."
          It's part of getting the gear out and ready for the upcomming summer.

          Joe Lacey

          ---- wacybarber <wacybarber@...> wrote:
          > --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "engine242" <sr5401@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > At approximately 1800hrs, the PNF and Indian Valley Fire responded
          > > to, and are on scene of, a vegetation fire off of Pioneer Rd, near
          > > Forgay Pt., in the Greenville / Indian Valley area.
          > >
          > > PNF DV2 arrived on scene along with local fire personnel and reported
          > > a 1/2 acre fire with slow ROS, burning in grass and Oak litter, and
          > > underneath some high tension powerlines. DV2 anticipated few
          > > problems with containment, however, there will be extensive mop-up.
          > >
          > > PNF DV2 & DV5, Batt. 21 & Batt. 25 responded and two PNF engines (I
          > > believe 1 each from the Mt. Hough RD and Greenville RD) were being
          > > put together and crewed to respond. 1 engine requested was to be a
          > > 4x4)also responded or were enroute. Indian Valley fire responded
          > > with equipment, personnel, and at least 1 engine & 1 water tender, I
          > > believe.
          > >
          > > This sounded like it was going to be one of those spring, warm-up
          > > type incidents, quick knock down & lots of mop-up.
          > >
          > > Also, on a side note, at approximately 1900hrs, Quincy Fire was
          > > dispatched to reported lines down and burning on the west end of
          > > Quincy. Upon arrival Quincy fire discovered an underground
          > > electrical fire burning through the underground lines. Quincy Fire
          > > is staging on scene and awaiting arrival of PG&E before suppression
          > > action can be taken. CHP & PCSO are also on scene assisting with
          > > traffic control and keeping the general area clear. Power is out in
          > > that area of town, which has also caused at least one bank / business
          > > alarm system to activate and add a little more confusion to the
          > > evening.
          > >
          > sounds like a season warm up sounds like we better be ready,
          > gonna be a long season.

        • Cap Pennell
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5 6:43 PM
            Right, no news this time of year.

            Real dry? Big season due to extreme low fuel moisture.
            Real wet, or late rain? Big season due to extra load of flashy fine fuels (tall thick grass and more small leaves).

            Any way, big season coming, so be extra careful and safely prepare!

            73, Cap

            ICS-420 FOG (revised July 2007 edition)
            FIELD OPERATIONS GUIDE, ICS 420-1
            http://www.firescope.org/ics-8x11-fog.htm