Re: [NorCalFire] CDF CMD1 & CMD2

  • Don Root
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
      David Coursey wrote:

      > Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I remembered
      > a single input side tone, which seems odd.

      As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full list
      of 16 tones can be used on the input.

      Don
    • David Coursey
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
        So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
        3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?

        On Sep 4, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Don Root wrote:

        > David Coursey wrote:
        >
        > > Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I
        > remembered
        > > a single input side tone, which seems odd.
        >
        > As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full
        > list
        > of 16 tones can be used on the input.
        >
        > Don

      • Don Root
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
          David Coursey wrote:
          > So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
          > 3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?
          >
          > On Sep 4, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Don Root wrote:
          >

          >>David Coursey wrote:
          >>

          >>>Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I
          >>
          >>remembered
          >>
          >>>a single input side tone, which seems odd.
          >>
          >>As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full
          >>list
          >>of 16 tones can be used on the input.
          >>
          >>Don

          No, the question was about tones on the outputs of CMD-1 and CMD-2.
          They use a common tone statewide on the output.

          The pairs used for Local nets and secondary CMD nets (CMD-3 through
          CMD-10) use (or will be using) the tone assigned to that administrative
          unit (Tones 1-7), as signified by the second digit of the unit numbers
          in that unit (Santa Clara [16xx units] using Tone 6, for example).

          Don
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
            Don, I thought CMD 3-10 have a common tone out of 103.5. Those command
            repeaters don't belong to an "administrative unit" since they are
            wide-area, usually covering 2-4 Units.

            Local Nets I understand have the output tone matching their second digit
            (but not all local nets are utilizing a tone on the output yet)

            Jake

            Don Root wrote:
            > David Coursey wrote:
            >
            >> So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
            >> 3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?
            >>

            > No, the question was about tones on the outputs of CMD-1 and CMD-2.
            > They use a common tone statewide on the output.
            >
            > The pairs used for Local nets and secondary CMD nets (CMD-3 through
            > CMD-10) use (or will be using) the tone assigned to that administrative
            > unit (Tones 1-7), as signified by the second digit of the unit numbers
            > in that unit (Santa Clara [16xx units] using Tone 6, for example).
            >
            > Don

          • Don Root
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
              Jake H wrote:
              > Don, I thought CMD 3-10 have a common tone out of 103.5. Those command
              > repeaters don't belong to an "administrative unit" since they are
              > wide-area, usually covering 2-4 Units.
              >
              > Local Nets I understand have the output tone matching their second digit
              > (but not all local nets are utilizing a tone on the output yet)
              >
              > Jake

              Yeah. What you said.
              Don