Re: [NorCalFire] CDF CMD1 & CMD2

  • David Coursey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
      Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I remembered
      a single input side tone, which seems odd.

      On Sep 4, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Don Root wrote:

      > neil.bell@... wrote:
      >
      > > Does anyone know if these two channels ever use PL tones to match
      > the
      > > area where they are being used (SCU, LNU etc.)
      >
      > No. As the statewide command pairs, they do not follow the local unit
      > tone convention.
      >
      > Don

    • Don Root
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
        David Coursey wrote:

        > Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I remembered
        > a single input side tone, which seems odd.

        As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full list
        of 16 tones can be used on the input.

        Don
      • David Coursey
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
          So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
          3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?

          On Sep 4, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Don Root wrote:

          > David Coursey wrote:
          >
          > > Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I
          > remembered
          > > a single input side tone, which seems odd.
          >
          > As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full
          > list
          > of 16 tones can be used on the input.
          >
          > Don

        • Don Root
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
            David Coursey wrote:
            > So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
            > 3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?
            >
            > On Sep 4, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Don Root wrote:
            >

            >>David Coursey wrote:
            >>

            >>>Is there ever a tone on the output at all? And I thought I
            >>
            >>remembered
            >>
            >>>a single input side tone, which seems odd.
            >>
            >>As I recall, the common output tone is Tone 8 (103.5 Hz). The full
            >>list
            >>of 16 tones can be used on the input.
            >>
            >>Don

            No, the question was about tones on the outputs of CMD-1 and CMD-2.
            They use a common tone statewide on the output.

            The pairs used for Local nets and secondary CMD nets (CMD-3 through
            CMD-10) use (or will be using) the tone assigned to that administrative
            unit (Tones 1-7), as signified by the second digit of the unit numbers
            in that unit (Santa Clara [16xx units] using Tone 6, for example).

            Don
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
              Don, I thought CMD 3-10 have a common tone out of 103.5. Those command
              repeaters don't belong to an "administrative unit" since they are
              wide-area, usually covering 2-4 Units.

              Local Nets I understand have the output tone matching their second digit
              (but not all local nets are utilizing a tone on the output yet)

              Jake

              Don Root wrote:
              > David Coursey wrote:
              >
              >> So we should be "testing" for a 103.5 tone on the outputs of CMD
              >> 3-10? Or are we certain this is really used all the time?
              >>

              > No, the question was about tones on the outputs of CMD-1 and CMD-2.
              > They use a common tone statewide on the output.
              >
              > The pairs used for Local nets and secondary CMD nets (CMD-3 through
              > CMD-10) use (or will be using) the tone assigned to that administrative
              > unit (Tones 1-7), as signified by the second digit of the unit numbers
              > in that unit (Santa Clara [16xx units] using Tone 6, for example).
              >
              > Don

            • Don Root
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
                Jake H wrote:
                > Don, I thought CMD 3-10 have a common tone out of 103.5. Those command
                > repeaters don't belong to an "administrative unit" since they are
                > wide-area, usually covering 2-4 Units.
                >
                > Local Nets I understand have the output tone matching their second digit
                > (but not all local nets are utilizing a tone on the output yet)
                >
                > Jake

                Yeah. What you said.
                Don