Re: [NorCalFire] Hwy 70&149 incident

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
      Isn't falsework all welded together, or is it just Tinkertoys on a large
      scale?

      PA
    • fcdl36x7s3
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela Alley" <rnrq@...> wrote:

        > Isn't falsework all welded together, or is it just Tinkertoys on a
        large
        > scale?
        >
        > PA

        This is an interesting comment that I received from a friend of mine
        that does a lot of Fly-over work like this. The "he" that is referred
        to is the contractor: "Guys: This is a falsework design utilizing
        pipe colums and cable x bracing. Although cheaper than conventional
        beam and angle bracing, there is no serious redundancy, hence when a
        cable is loosened or slips, bad shit happens fast. He refuses to use
        the system."
      • cmsq62
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
          Does anyone know if 149 is opened yet?
        • Mark Ward
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
            Apparently it is. According to Caltrans at dot.ca.gov, as of
            Wednesday August 1, 2007 at 17:38, "no traffic restrictions are
            reported for this route" (SR 149).

            SR 70 has only its pre-existing construction delays 5 miles north of
            Marysville and north of the Butte/Plumas County line and at other
            locations forther northeast.

            --
            Mark Ward