Re: [NorCalFire] BUTTE: Heritage IC - final

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
      It always happens to me. Break my own rule of posting something 30
      seconds after a previous post and it turns out to be nothing. Strike
      teams and task forces are canceled, tankers are canceled with one on
      load-hold at Chico.

      Thanks PA for the catch. Glad you can hear something out of your "hole"
      down there...you need a better antenna.

      Jake

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
        I think they were freaking pretty hard about Kelly Ridge and the Oaks and
        all that 'lovely' new construction with all that gorgeous, golden,
        tinder-dry grass! Not too far from the dam and so forth, either. It was
        moving really quickly there at first, no question about it..uphill, if
        memory and Google Maps serve me correctly.

        I guess one of the drops ripped a large branch out of a tree onto civilians
        but all are OK except the tree, of course.

        Ah well...ten acres or so less to catch on fire tonight with all the
        fireworks, right?

        I need a TALLER antenna but they require all kinds of stuff for that....I'm
        just proud this one is still up, actually...

        PA
      • Larish, Michael
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
          I don't know where they got '10 acres' from. We flew over it last night on patrol and it was barely an acre or two at most that we saw. One house burned to the ground, the others slightly singed.

          Mike