Re: [NorCalFire] BUTTE: Larkin x E.Hamilton roads (Gridley area)

  • Kim Noyes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
      Nitrobear,
      Praps not as much fuel but if you don't get much more rain how dry is what
      fuel you have going to be and how early will the fire season effectively
      start?
      I don't even want to think about it.
      :-O
      Kim Noyes
      Atascadero

      On 1/30/07, nitrobear@... <nitrobear@...> wrote:

      > Hey, there is always something positive...At least we aren't growing
      > waist high flashy fuels in the valley so far this winter! Hardly any green
      > grass showing anywhere. Of course, that could change. It hit 70 here in NW
      > Chico today! Dry as a bone...
      >
      > --
      > Nitrobear

      Check out my Myspace Profile at http://www.myspace.com/kimusinteruptus
      Check out http://www.atascaderoalumni.org if you attended Atascadero High
      School.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hey Kim,
        I've lived here most of my life now and I don't remember a winter this dry. In California it "ain't over until it's over" of course and we have pulled out a pretty good year several times in March as I recall. (AKA the "March Miracle")
        They are calling for some significant rain and snow this week and into the weekend which should help. The water experts, after the snow survey last week are saying we will be ok with a dry winter, no, they didn't qualify that much.
        Last year about this time, the green grass was growing like crazy up in the Chico area. Right now it is barely green on them thar hills. Bring on the rain!

        --
        Nitrobear

        From: "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...>
        Nitrobear,