Unknown major incident - Tehama

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      Stuck at work - can't get details. Large law enforcement response to
      what sounds like Ponderosa Way in eastern Tehama County. Butte/Chico
      units responding. CDF has multiple east county units and division
      chiefs reporting to a staging location.

      Mention of "23 passengers"

      bus crash, plane crash, drill? If it's a drill, it's pretty late in
      the day for one, and I usually have pre-knowledge of county disaster
      drills.

      151.370 CDF Local
      154.740 Sheriff
      154.025 Sheriff Ch2
      156.075 Calcord

      Jake at 16:00
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
        CHP H16 at scene, maintaining a wide orbit. Staging for CDF is Cessna
        at Explorer, which is an intersection in Ponderosa Sky Ranch. CHP H16
        also heard mentioning the entrance to the sky ranch and directions to
        the airport (landing strip).

        All this on norcalscan.org live scanner.
        Off work in a few minutes and will be able to glean more info shortly.
        Jake

        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Jake H" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > Stuck at work - can't get details. Large law enforcement response to
        > what sounds like Ponderosa Way in eastern Tehama County. Butte/Chico
        > units responding. CDF has multiple east county units and division
        > chiefs reporting to a staging location.
        >
        > Mention of "23 passengers"
        >
        > bus crash, plane crash, drill? If it's a drill, it's pretty late in
        > the day for one, and I usually have pre-knowledge of county disaster
        > drills.
        >
        > 151.370 CDF Local
        > 154.740 Sheriff
        > 154.025 Sheriff Ch2
        > 156.075 Calcord
        >
        > Jake at 16:00

      • Craig Tomasello
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          Jake,

          CHP website does not have anything on this... Potential drill?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
            Barricaded suicide subject. Situation over, subject found 11-44.
            That explains large law response, no CHP CAD, and not a large medical
            response as would be for plane/bus crash. Not sure what the "23
            passengers" was on. Local ambulances were still around in Red Bluff and
            Corning so that was confusing, with a large law response, moderate fire
            response and minimal medical response.

            You can now return to your regular programming.
            Jake