Question about Lassen/Modoc/ CDF frequencies???

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2006
      I live in the Mt. Shasta area. (siskiyou) and I can't seem to pick up
      Modoc/Lassen CDF. I used to on 151.250 but now all I get is my
      scanner stuck on this frequencey and static. Did they switch to
      another freq.? Would anyone have any new freqs for this area relitive
      to CDF or Ambulance?

      Thanks.
      Patrick
    • kb1we6r
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
        I show them on that freq.
        That is also the carrier of a cable channel, we had LOTS of leakage
        around here when our cable company was using it.
        Try moving your antenna/radio to see if you can find a spot that does
        not pick up the interferance.
        Your (siskiyou) CDF would be on 151.325
        Forest service on 164.175
        Med nets 1,3,4,5,6,7,8 should be active in Siskiyou.
        155.175 may be Med dispatch.
        Not sure if 460.55 is still used for Med.
        ....Keith in Monterey
        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <patrickmacdonald28@...>
        wrote:

        > I live in the Mt. Shasta area. (siskiyou) and I can't seem to pick
        up
        > Modoc/Lassen CDF. I used to on 151.250 but now all I get is my
        > scanner stuck on this frequencey and static. Did they switch to
        > another freq.? Would anyone have any new freqs for this area
        relitive
        > to CDF or Ambulance?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Patrick

      • Scott Biddle
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
          I also have them on 151.250

          kb1we6r <capyo670@...> wrote: I show them on that freq.
          wrote:

          > I live in the Mt. Shasta area. (siskiyou) and I can't seem to pick
          up
          > Modoc/Lassen CDF. I used to on 151.250 but now all I get is my
          > scanner stuck on this frequencey and static. Did they switch to
          > another freq.? Would anyone have any new freqs for this area
          relitive
          > to CDF or Ambulance?
          >
          > Thanks.
          > Patrick

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
            Your problem with 151.250 is probably an external signal getting
            into your scanner.

            151.250 is used by many cable tv systems as a subcarrier and
            if there is any leakage in their system it will generate a signal on
            that frequency.

            You might try moving your scanner around and might find a spot
            where the external signal won't get into it.

            Dave K6DDW
          • Patrick
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
              --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "kb1we6r" <capyo670@...> wrote:

              > I show them on that freq.
              > That is also the carrier of a cable channel, we had LOTS of
              leakage
              > around here when our cable company was using it.
              > Try moving your antenna/radio to see if you can find a spot that
              does
              > not pick up the interferance.
              > Your (siskiyou) CDF would be on 151.325
              > Forest service on 164.175
              > Med nets 1,3,4,5,6,7,8 should be active in Siskiyou.
              > 155.175 may be Med dispatch.
              > Not sure if 460.55 is still used for Med.
              > ....Keith in Monterey

              Thanks Keith,
              That was the problem. I should have thought of that first. The
              155.175 in siskiyou county is Mt. Shasta Ambulance dispatch and the
              Hospital freq is 463.150 on med #7.
              Again thanks.
              Patrick
            • Harry Marnell
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
                Dave wrote:
                > You might try moving your scanner around and might find a spot
                > where the external signal won't get into it.

                The (old) info I have shows no PL tone for Lassen/Modoc's 151.25, so that would
                eliminate *that* possible solution for you. If the RFI isn't too strong, you
                could try entering the freq a little lower or higher and see if it helps:
                151.245 or 151.255. Most scanners are wide enough that they'll still pick up
                the freq you want, and possibly keep the interference at bay.

                Harry
              • Bob Berg
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 23, 2006
                  LMU is assigned Receive Tone 2 (123.0), but I am not sure if they are using
                  it.

                  ~Bob

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 24, 2006
                    When i was able to pick them up last season, did a PL search, and it always came up as 123.0.