KYFC!

  • nitrobear@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      I am amazed and hopeful that this "quiet" weekend is the start of the end of this season. Awfully quiet, hope that's a good sign. Forecast of some "sprinkles" on Wednesday/Thursday in the North valley and foothill areas.
      We aure aren't out of the woods yet but, "Fall has fell". I heard a good sized group of Geese this AM arriving into the Sacramento Valley and, yakking their heads off about how happy they were to he here!
      Let's hope they are an indication of the new season and let's hope it is wet, calm and cool ASAP! :-)
      Pretty good season so far thanks to some great suppression efforts!
      --
      Nitrobear

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Nitrobear,
        I, too, have begun to notice the seasonal changes down here on the Central Coast.
        Today it was gloomy and gray and drippy with a chance of an isolated electrical storm which did occur in the Channel Islands area this morning.
        The leaves are subtly starting to change color and fall and the nights are now rather chilly and the days are getting noticeably shorter.
        However, we are also entering the time of year with the greatest threat of death and destruction to wildland fire in both NorCal and SoCal with Diablo Winds up north and Santa Ana Winds down south and no month has historically been worse in both halves of the state than October.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_wind

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Ana_wind

        Kim Noyes
        Atascadero