Re: Pigeon Incident - Big Flat Area - Hwy 299W closed

  • jodschamber
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
      information located at http://users.snowcrest.net/wb6fzh/tcfire1.html
      Pigeon Incident

      * 0930Hrs- Saturday, September 2nd. VEGETATION FIRE reported near
      Pigeon Point in area of Big Flat.
      * 1918Hrs- USFS indicates size of fire 900 to 1000 acres, 7
      Engines, 3 Tankers, 2 Bulldozers, OES Striketeam- Type 2.
      * HWY 299 CLOSED at JUNCTION CITY (EAST), and WILLOW CREEK (WEST)-
      There is UNCONFIRMED talk of changing WEST BOUNDARY CLOSURE to DEL
      LOMA Saturday Evening.
      * Evacuation Center at Wayside Church, Salyer, contact: Dave
      Christian (no phone listed)
      * MORE INFO POSTED AS SOON AS AVAILIABLE

      --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@...> wrote:

      > Surprised I never saw this one posted here....started several hours
      > ago and seemed like it wasnt going to be too bad..but now from
      > wildlandfire.com hotlist I see this fire is up to 450 acres and
      > threatening the Big Flat campgrounds. CHP CAD says 299 closed.
      >
      > All I know.
      >
      > 1542 HRS

    • Kim Noyes
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
        There is on this webcam: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/cctv/oregonmt.shtml

        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy" <MyLilBlackPot@...> wrote:

        > I was also very surprised not to see this on here, and there's nothing
        > on the TrinityCam page either. It started this morning on both sides of
        > Hwy 299W near Big Flat (15-20 miles west of Weaverville) in Trinity
        > County. They have over 300 FF's working it and I heard at one point it
        > was 900-1000 acres in size, but I like to wait until it's out to really
        > pay any attention to the acreage because it always changes.
        > There are updates until 8:30 tonight on Q97 country radio and on
        > www.Q97country.com.
        >
        > Wendy FGVFD59
        >
        > --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Surprised I never saw this one posted here....started several hours
        > > ago and seemed like it wasnt going to be too bad..but now from
        > > wildlandfire.com hotlist I see this fire is up to 450 acres and
        > > threatening the Big Flat campgrounds. CHP CAD says 299 closed.
        > >
        > > All I know.
        > >
        > > 1542 HRS

      • Kim Noyes
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
          I neglected to mention to check out the "Previous Eight Images" link.
          You can see what it looked like yesterday at its peak.

          --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

          > There is on this webcam: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/cctv/oregonmt.shtml
          >
          > --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy" <MyLilBlackPot@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was also very surprised not to see this on here, and there's
          nothing
          > > on the TrinityCam page either. It started this morning on both
          sides of
          > > Hwy 299W near Big Flat (15-20 miles west of Weaverville) in Trinity
          > > County. They have over 300 FF's working it and I heard at one
          point it
          > > was 900-1000 acres in size, but I like to wait until it's out to
          really
          > > pay any attention to the acreage because it always changes.
          > > There are updates until 8:30 tonight on Q97 country radio and on
          > > www.Q97country.com.
          > >
          > > Wendy FGVFD59
          > >
          > > --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Surprised I never saw this one posted here....started several hours
          > > > ago and seemed like it wasnt going to be too bad..but now from
          > > > wildlandfire.com hotlist I see this fire is up to 450 acres and
          > > > threatening the Big Flat campgrounds. CHP CAD says 299 closed.
          > > >
          > > > All I know.
          > > >
          > > > 1542 HRS

        • Kim Noyes
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
            It's really cooking.
            Looky here: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/cctv/oregonmt.shtml

          • hosgs1@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
              from the cam. thisthing looks like it took ffabout 10-15 min ago.

              check out the new shot and the times from the previous images.

              -Ron