TCU new Fire

  • jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
      CDF Tuolumne Calevaras Ranger Unit

      Lake Don Pedro area
      10-20 acres fast moving up hill

      Cmd Net is CDF Cmd 1 Tone 3 (151.355)

      6-CDF Engines
      1- CDF Dozer
      1- FS Engine
      1- FS Dozer
      4-Air Tankers
      1- Copter
      1- Air Attack

      More to follow....

      Jerry T.
      WA6AVR
      Columbia
    • John Gleichweit PDA
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
        MMU is sending their cover strike team to the fire Code 3 to this fire.

        John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
          Jerry, I know the general area but can you give me a
          city name. Sounds like this thing is going real
          good.....

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • goldwinger16@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
            From: "John Gleichweit PDA" <n6fog@...>

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
              Hi Mike,

              The fire is located near Lake Don Pedro in southern Tuolumne County.

              Near Hwy 49 & Hwy 120, closest towns are Groveland & Coulterville.

              Sort of nortwest of Yosemite Nation Park.

              Smoke and Ash is visible here in Columbia about 25 miles north of the fire.

              Rgds,

              Jerry T.
              WA6AVR
              Columbia

            • goldwinger16@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
                Mapquest it................nearest town is La Grange

                its due east of Modesto off Highways 120 and 59 , also west of Highway 49

                Ed

                From: Mike Meadows <fotoguy425@...>

                Jerry, I know the general area but can you give me a
                city name. Sounds like this thing is going real
                good.....

                -

              • Mike Meadows
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
                  Thanks jerry.....

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • George.Cusack@alldata.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
                    Or Moccasin, or Chinese Camp, depending on what part of the lake (it is a big one). Moccasin has 3 buildings, including a Post Office. Chinese Camp has approximately 1, and it doesn't look habitable. La Grange, on the other hand, has a bar, so we know hat search priorities Mapquest has.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
                      Hollister tankers making final drops at 2000 hours. All 4 Columbia craft
                      are running out of duty hours. Aircraft returning at 0800.
                      The big ugly column of this afternoon is long gone, but I'm still seeing a
                      heavy line of smoke drifting to the Northeast over the high country.
                      Jerry - can you add more status info?
                    • Kim Noyes
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                        Achtung Gruppe,
                        The last I heard it was at 1,000+ acres with no word on containment.
                        Air Attack mentioned that all fixed and rotary winged aircraft and
                        been requested to remain on the fire for Day 2.
                        Base camp has been set up at the Sonora Fairgrounds.
                        Here is a link to a pic of it that bbfires provided on another list:

                        http://tinyurl.com/j9sxh

                        Kim
                      • nitrobear@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006