Re: [NorCalFire] SCU - Santa Clara Unit Update

  • John Gleichweit PDA
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
      You were probably hearing Madera Mariposa. We use Command 4 for all of the SRA incidents after dispatch on Command 7.

      John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

      From: goldwinger16@...

      > From: Craig Rose
      >
      > Quick update as far as resources south of most of you folks...
      >
      > CDF Santa Clara Unit looks to be pretty much wiped out due to a
      > vegetation fire in the area of Del Puerto Canyon just east of Santa
      > Clara County in Stanislaus County. Last report was 600 acres, but I am
      > not hearing anything direct from my location to confirm or gather any
      > additional information.
      > Craig
      >
      > San Ramon Valley , Gilroy sending units, S.Clara Co fire sending 2
      > type 3s , I am ALSO not hearing Morgan Hill on 151.445.......BUT am hearing
      > the mobiles on that freq. Unsure why this is ? Another description of are a
      > is SR 152 @ Dinosaur point.
      >
      > Ed
      >

      > Moderator questions/problems?
      > mail directly at norcalfire-owner@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings
      > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe New Message Search
      > Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved
      > message search.
      > Share feedback on the new changes to Groups
      > Recent Activity
      > 20New Members
      > Visit Your Group
      > Ham radio
      > Craft hobby
      > Hobby and craft supply
      > .

      > mail directly at norcalfire-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

      Get ready for Fire Season 2006!

      Moderator questions/problems?
      mail directly at norcalfire-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • wireman1771
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
        According to my list the following units use this freq as:

        Tac 11 - Mendocino(MEU) Siskyou(SKU) Shasta(SHU) Butte(BTU)

        Dispatch - San Bernadino West (BDU) Santa Clara (SCU)

        CT
      • nitrobear@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
          Well, the engines were calling Visalia and Visalia was answering them.

          Nitrobear

          From: "John Gleichweit PDA" <n6fog@...>

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
            http://fire.norcalscan.org/cdf/cdfradiogrid.htm

            That is an exclusive layout of the CDF freqs and how they are re-used
            throughout the state. This is a good list when ducting is happening and
            you're suddenly hearing somebody else that normally isn't there.
            Jake

            wireman1771 wrote:
            > According to my list the following units use this freq as:
            >
            > Tac 11 - Mendocino(MEU) Siskyou(SKU) Shasta(SHU) Butte(BTU)
            >
            > Dispatch - San Bernadino West (BDU) Santa Clara (SCU)
            >
            > CT

          • John Gleichweit
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 2, 2006
              That's odd, since Visalia (TUU/Tulare County) use 154.01 and 151.19 for
              their dispatch and command channels, and usually use Command 2 for the SRA
              command channel.

              --
              John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
              IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852

              From: "John Gleichweit PDA" <n6fog@...>

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2, 2006
                John,
                I thought so too. I was definatly listening to Visalia traffic. I've also heard them before on 151.400 when I was down the valley on my dual band Ham Xceiver that I have 151.400 programmed for Butte County dispatch. I know who to ask down there. A radio tech friend in Tulare would probably know how to explain it. ;-)

                From: "John Gleichweit" <smokeybehr@...>