      From: "John John ljeatsfish@... [norcalfire]" <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "norcalfire@yahoogroups.com" <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2014 9:29 PM
      Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Smoke: Blow in or new?

      I was driving down Ophir Road at about 2:00 PM.  A small column of smoke was apparent just East of Lincoln Blvd.  As I arrived at the fire, a CHP officer was handcuffing a woman just across the road from the obvious location where the fire started, so the cause of the fire might have been arson. I was in my loaded water truck.  I was held up for quite a bit at the traffic light, so by the time I got to the fire it had grown too large for me to reach with my side spray.  I did spray the left and right edges of the fire but it spread very quickly.  This might be the fire causing smoke in Oroville.

      Odd, but yesterday I was at a hydrant on the corner of Olive Highway and Old Olive Highway.    I could hear the crackling of a small fire just off of the road behind Casagrande Storage.  It also grew very quickly, and as I approached I saw a man who appeared to be homeless leaving the area.  It seems odd that anyone needs a fire for warmth.  Cooking?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic