11827RE: [NorCalFire] Lightning Strikes in the Sierra's

  • Scott Biddle
    Apr 6, 2007
      I was in the Lake Tahoe Basin today and there was lighting, but rain was falling. On the other side of the sierras (Reno) we got our first big fire of the year, 80 acres went up. The incident was called Galena, and it was ripping for a while. Sierrafront.net has all the info you'll ned on it.
      As for frequencies
      Tahoe NF
      168.7750 Forest Net
      168.1750 Fire Net
      Lake Tahoe Basin Mgmt Unit
      172.3750 Basin Net
      Toiyabe NF
      169.8750 Forest Net
      CDF NEU-E
      154.1300
      Scott Biddle
      Butte County Public Safety Scanner <thenet411@...> wrote:
      Any word as to the nature of the lightening? Dry, wet? How are the fuels
      where the lightening is hitting?

      Thomas Miller

      Butte County Public Safety Scanner

      "Serving Our Community Through Information Sharing"

      http://www.thenet411.net

      _____