Hello Everyone (Logan had his check up)

  • nail artist Maria
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006
      HI everyone!  How are you all?  We are doing fine.  We went on a camping trip in New Hampshire at the beginning of July and had a blast!
      Not long after we came home Diana went to Virginia Beach for a week with a friends family and Crystal left for her aunt's house for a three week visit.  She comes home Friday.
      I have been trying to get school stuff organized and ready for the new year.  I have been pretty well but when the weather shifts I get really bad pains in all my joints and other stuff that isn't fun.  Chris is starting PT for his sciatic tonight.
      Logan is dong well in PT and he has had two sessions of ST (speech).  As worried as I was about ST ... ha!!!  the therapist says she doesn't know why she is coming.  She told his PT (and then me when I mentioned it) that I do everything I am supposed to do with Logan to help him learn to speak!!  Boy did that make me feel good.  The PT also told the ST that out of all her patients; I am the only parent she knows for sure works with their child in between sessions!
      He went Friday for his two year check up (busy docs office so they couldn't take us till August even though he turned 2 in June).  The doctor is thrilled with his appetite.  She is happy to see he was getting therapy and how well he is doing.  He only gained 1 lb 1 oz in 8 months (for a total of 15 lbs 5 oz) but grew 2 inches!!  Yay for my little man.
      Chris was saying to me yesterday that Logan is so small (yes about half what he should be); I said to him that may be but he is incredibly healthy and we couldn't ask for a happier, sweeter baby!!
      Well I am off.
      Maria

      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • zack082503@talk2meds.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
        Hi Maria,

        Great news! It does make you feel good when you hear good weight and
        height isn't it. My little Zack weighed 14 lbs 10 ozs on his 2nd
        birthday and at the end of this month he will have his 3rd birthday
        checkup and we know that at this point he is already 20 lbs 4 ozs!
        Does the heart good:) How tall is Logan? Zack is a little shortie at
        only 31 inches. I've been told preschoolers are 36-40 inches tall -
        Zack starts preschool in September and boy am I worried about the
        height differences. Oh well, I guess he will learn to protect himself
        from the big kids huh? Congrats on the compliments from the PT and ST!
        It means alot when you hear things like that from the therapists.
        Zack has had PT, OT, Special Instruction (our county doesn't start
        speech until age 3) and Nutrition. Come to find out just today
        actually, that he does not qualify for any therapies once he turns 3
        because he doesn't meet the 25% delay anymore...guess I worked with him
        too much...ha ha:)

        Beth, mom to Zack (3 years old this month, NS and stable JMML) and
        Ethan (5 years old)

        Quoting nail artist Maria <artononyx@...>:

        > HI everyone! How are you all? We are doing fine. We went on a
        > camping trip in New Hampshire at the beginning of July and had a
        > blast!
        > Not long after we came home Diana went to Virginia Beach for a week
        > with a friends family and Crystal left for her aunt's house for a
        > three week visit. She comes home Friday.
        > I have been trying to get school stuff organized and ready for the
        > new year. I have been pretty well but when the weather shifts I get
        > really bad pains in all my joints and other stuff that isn't fun.
        > Chris is starting PT for his sciatic tonight.
        > Logan is dong well in PT and he has had two sessions of ST (speech).
        > As worried as I was about ST ... ha!!! the therapist says she
        > doesn't know why she is coming. She told his PT (and then me when I
        > mentioned it) that I do everything I am supposed to do with Logan to
        > help him learn to speak!! Boy did that make me feel good. The PT
        > also told the ST that out of all her patients; I am the only parent
        > she knows for sure works with their child in between sessions!
        > He went Friday for his two year check up (busy docs office so they
        > couldn't take us till August even though he turned 2 in June). The
        > doctor is thrilled with his appetite. She is happy to see he was
        > getting therapy and how well he is doing. He only gained 1 lb 1 oz
        > in 8 months (for a total of 15 lbs 5 oz) but grew 2 inches!! Yay for
        > my little man.
        > Chris was saying to me yesterday that Logan is so small (yes about
        > half what he should be); I said to him that may be but he is
        > incredibly healthy and we couldn't ask for a happier, sweeter baby!!
        > Well I am off.
        > Maria
        >

        > Maria
        > http://craftsncrosses.bravehost.com
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • Katie B.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006
          Beth,
          Mont county doesnt start speech until 3? Hmmmm thats is weird
          because Kylie is getting speech therapy through mont county and she
          is not even 3 yet. She gets Speech, Special Instruction(education I
          like to call it), OT, PT and behavioral. Jacob goes to special
          preschool and gets vision, OT, special instruction(education) and
          speech.