Center for Nondualism, Sunday, January 1

  • Swami Jnaneshvara
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2011
      The discussion topic for this Sunday, January 1, 10:00am will be
      "New Beginnings". At 9:00am we will have a group practice of guided Yoga Nidra, deep relaxation of conscious deep sleep.

      Location:
      c/o Abhyasa Ashram
      505 Hooper Dr NW
      Fort Walton Beach, Florida

      Calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/

      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org

      Facebook group:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/31299794351/

      The Center for Nondualism was founded in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in 2007 as a
      community for people who share the Nondual/Monistic perspective of Religion,
      Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose of the Center is to maintain a loving
      fellowship and to provide a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning
      and experiencing the oneness of Nondualism.

      Nondualism ("Advaita" in Sanskrit; a=non; dvaita=dualism) is the orientation
      that there is one absolute reality without a second, and that each of us,
      although an individual person, is one with that reality, just as a wave is not
      separate from the ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation, which lead to the direct experience of this
      Nondual reality.

      Participants have historically had a wide range of backgrounds and practices
      including Advaita Vedanta, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Yoga, Course in
      Miracles, 12-Step programs and other mystical or esoteric traditions. Some have
      a theistic orientation (believing in a dualistic personal god) and others have a
      non-theistic orientation (not believing in a dualistic personal god). Nondualism
      is inclusive of all and exclusive of none. There is no person or group of people
      who are excluded from this nondual reality.