Center for Nondualism, Sunday, October 16

  • Swami Jnaneshvara
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2011
      The discussion topic for this Sunday, October 16, 10:00am will be "Expectations". At 9:00am we will have a group practice of 30-minute guided meditation.

      Location:
      c/o Abhyasa Ashram
      505 Hooper Dr NW
      Fort Walton Beach, Florida

      Calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/

      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org

      Facebook group:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/31299794351/

      The Center for Nondualism was founded in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in 2007 as a community for people who share the Nondual/Monistic perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing the oneness of Nondualism.

      Nondualism ("Advaita" in Sanskrit; a=non; dvaita=dualism) is the orientation that there is one absolute reality without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person, is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as contemplation and meditation, which lead to the direct experience of this Nondual reality.

      Participants have historically had a wide range of backgrounds and practices including Advaita Vedanta, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Yoga, Course in Miracles, 12-Step programs and other mystical or esoteric traditions. Some have a theistic orientation (believing in a dualistic personal god) and others have a non-theistic orientation (not believing in a dualistic personal god). Nondualism is inclusive of all and exclusive of none. There is no person or group of people who are excluded from this nondual reality.