Center for Nondualism, Sun, June 12, 10:00am

  • Swami Jnaneshvara
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2011
      Our next gathering will be this Sunday, June 12. The topic for discussion this
      week will be "anger". We will begin with silent meditation and end with silent
      meditation. There is a different discussion topic each week, which is decided
      upon at the time of closing the previous week (during the week the upcoming
      topic is usually posted here in this announcement). Those who wish may also sit
      for the ashram's 30-minute meditation at 11:30. Some of us often go for lunch at
      the Thai Orchid, and you are welcome to join us.

      The Center for Nondualism was founded in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in 2007 as a
      community for people who share the Nondual/Monistic perspective of Religion,
      Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose of the Center is to maintain a loving
      fellowship and to provide a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning
      and experiencing the oneness of Nondualism.

      Nondualism ("Advaita" in Sanskrit; a=non; dvaita=dualism) is the orientation
      that there is one absolute reality without a second, and that each of us,
      although an individual person, is one with that reality, just as a wave is not
      separate from the ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation, which lead to the direct experience of this
      Nondual reality.

      Participants have historically had a wide range of backgrounds and practices
      including Advaita Vedanta, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Yoga, Course in
      Miracles, 12-Step programs and other mystical or esoteric traditions. Some have
      a theistic orientation (believing in a dualistic personal god) and others have a
      non-theistic orientation (not believing in a dualistic personal god). Nondualism
      is inclusive of all and exclusive of none. There is no person or group of people
      who are excluded from this nondual reality.

      In loving service,

      Swami Jnaneshvara

      WEBSITE:
      http://centerfornondualism.org