NYC & NEARBY: DEMO vs. FOIE GRAS in TIMES SQUARE!!!

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      ----- Original Message ----- From: Laura Keuling: <LauraK@...> Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 11:20 AMSubject: Foie Gras Demo in Times Square PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY! WHAT: Demo against foie gras (chopped liver!) WHEN: Monday May 5 - 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. WHERE: Marriott Marquis on Broadway, between 45th and 46th. We need your help at a demonstration calling attention to the cruelty involved in foie gras production. Foie gras is produced by cramming pipes down the sensitive necks of ducks and pumping their stomachs with the equivalent of 28 pounds of spaghetti three times a day until their livers swell to eight times their normal size. The UK and Switzerland have both banned the cruel force-feeding of ducks and geese for foie gras. We are asking activists in and near New York to join us at the Marriott Marquis on Broadway, between 45th and 46th. Please join us 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Monday May 5. We´┐Żll be providing posters and leaflets, so please just bring yourself, your friends, family, and anyone else you can find. Please call me at 757-622-7382, extension 1582 or email me at <LauraK@...> if you can attend.

      You can also call Patrick Kwan, who will be organizing this demonstration locally: 917-972-7167or e-mail <kwan@...> Just a few hours from your day will make such a tremendous difference in sending the message that the cruelty behind foie gras is unacceptable. Please check out http://www.peta.org/mc/facts/fsveg9.html to learn more about the cruelty behind foie gras production. Thanks and we hope to see you there! Laura Keuling, campaigns assistant International Grassroots Campaigns People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals757-622-7382 X 1582

      Rita Fazio,
      Media Liaison, Sirius Global Animal Org. Charitable Trust. http://sirius.2kat.net Don't turn your back upon their pain Because it's hard to see.They have no other place to turn, They've only you and me.