When results are unfavourable

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2002
      An example of when animal experiments can be ignored. Of substances identified as dangerous to pregnant rats, around 2.5% are dangerous to pregnant humans, and 97.5% are considered safe.LIP STYXThink twice before you powder your nose. A cosmetics industry reviewpanel this week approved continued use of chemicals that critics havelinked to birth defects in animals. The Cosmetic Ingredient ReviewPanel said that three phthalates, which are used to make fragranceslast longer, posed no threat to human health. Nail polish, hairspray, deodorant, and perfume often contain the chemicals. Healthadvocates, meanwhile, said the chemicals may lead to abnormalities ofthe male reproductive organs.straight to the source: ABC News, Reuters, Laura MacInnis, 20 Nov 2002<http://www.gristmagazine.com/forward.pl?forward_id=718>straight to the source: See Everett oops -- in our Muckracker section<http://www.gristmagazine.com/muck/muck063099.stm?source=daily>Recommended website:The Absurdity of vivisectionhttp://vivisection-absurd.org.uk/Information on animal research available free by EMail from vivisectionkills@...

      Colleen Klaum

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: