This is definately not good news!

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2002
      Oklahoma Cockfighting Ban Blocked

      REPORTING THE NEWS FROM THE WORLD OF ANIMALS
      November 18, 2002Oklahoma Cockfighting Ban Blockedby The Associated
      PressPosted on November 14, 2002A judge in McCurtain County
      temporarily blocked enforcement of Oklahoma'sban on cockfighting on
      Friday, saying the law recently approved by votersmay be
      unconstitutional.District Judge Willard Driesel signed an order in
      Idabel barring stateofficials and sheriffs of McCurtain, Pushmataha
      and Choctaw counties fromenforcing the law until a hearing November
      18th.Cockfighting Fact SheetThe law passed Tuesday "causes this court
      great concern" about itsconstitutionality, Driesel's order said. The
      ban could also cause thestate's roughly 50,000 cockfighters
      irreparable harm, the order said.It was not clear whether Driesel's
      order, which had been sought by theOklahoma Game Fowl Breeders
      Association, blocked enforcement statewide orjust in the counties
      mentioned. Driesel declined to comment.Copyright 2002 Associated
      Press. All rights reserved. This material may notbe published,
      broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
      and warmth to our souls."

      Colleen Klaum

      "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
      men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
      Immanuel Kant

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: