LIBERATE: China/ Mountains Success/ New website item/ Sen. Bartlett

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      An email to subscribers of the Animal Liberation NSW mailing list______________________________________________________CHINA HALTS CATTLE TRADEChina has suspended all live cattle trade with Australia after a localexporter tried to secretly ship diseased animals overseas.The Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) said a report wasbeing compiled as quickly as possible to minimise the impact of China's ban.It comes after continuing deaths of Australian cattle and sheep headed forMiddle East markets forced the banning of live sheep exports from theVictorian port of Portland.An AQIS spokesman said 1950 dairy heifers were to be sent in late Septemberto China out of Portland as part of a new trade between the two countries.Under an agreement on the trade, animals with ringworm or infectious bovinerhinotracheitis are banned from China.The exporter faces losing his export licence, as well as criminal penalties.AAP- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -MOUNTAINS AGAINST McDONALD'S SUCCESSA huge number of local residents assembled in Katoomba to protest theproposed introduction of McDonald's.It may the front page of the local Blue Mountains Gazette. Have a look at acouple of pictures below.http://www2.animal-lib.org.au/images/katoomba1.jpghttp://www2.animal-lib.org.au/images/katoomba2.jpg- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -NEW ITEM ON OUR WEBSITEThere is a new item under our 'List of Subjects' link. It deals with thehideous 1080 poison. Look at this link:http://www.animal-lib.org.au/lists/1080/1080.shtml- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ANDREW BARTLETT NEW LEADER OF AUSTRALIAN DEMOCRATSIs it possible that Andrew is the first leader of a major Australianpolitical party who is a vegetarian?http://www.animal-lib.org.au/interviews/andrew/______________________________________________________Find out more about the plight of animals!Check out the website - http://www.animal-lib.org.au

      Colleen Klaum