Re: one other thing

  • arizonavegan
    Message 1 of 487 , Feb 1, 2002
      first off before i start, if anyone does insult
      your intelligence it is because you have horrible
      spelling. with a computer debate it leaves a little more to
      assumption.<br><br>it isnt that I/we are trying to change your
      lifestyle. it is that i believe if you looked further into
      something you do you might find out that it is wrong, and
      you have been de-sensitized over the years through
      family/culture etc. i/we try to show you points so maybe in time
      you will grow new ideas/perceptions of what you do.
      you said you wouldnt criticize if someone was gay.
      but i bet if someone hit on you who was gay you would
      be offended. (if you arent gay i assume) but why?
      because you have been conditioned by a society to think
      that two guys together is wrong and horrid. the same
      culture approves of two women together though. a person
      is a person. if you are revolted by a gay act then
      maybe you can see the correlation between my points.
      you have been conditioned. what do you think about
      that?<br><br>not all vegans think that everyone who eats meat or
      traps are of lesser intelligence and, not to my
      knowledge, is there any stereotype out there. it is just
      that, if you can remain PERFECTLY healthy, save the
      earth/environment, reduce suffering, and improve a majority of
      health statistics... why not save a few animals in the
      mean time? to us it is RIDICULOUS why someone wouldnt
      be vegan.<br><br>about your pet... you have an
      emotional attachment to him/her so you dont want it to die.
      just like you have an emotional attachment to friends.
      does it bother you when someone across the world dies
      whom you had no connection to or knew what so ever?
      maybe sympathetic but you arent going to get upset
      about it. well what if you had the connection you had
      with your dog to a lot of "farm" animals and you had
      to watch all them get slaughtered. how would you
      feel to see your dog slaughtered/trapped/or screaming
      in pain? would that be painful to you? then you are
      placing your pet higher just because of an emotional
      attachment. your pet is the same "animal" as any other!
    • huntfish25
      Message 487 of 487 , Mar 15, 2002
        thanks for the info i will get the book. what kind of veggi do you
        plant and how much do you stored for he winter. i want to know. i
        guest you can them right. and do you buy anthing from the stored.
        this is for my info i planted small garden lat year and it suck we
        only got few can food from it i was going to try it aain but dont
        have the tim this year.