Re: [No more animal cruelty] savethesheep.com

  • Lina Drimas
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23 2:55 PM
      Hey Melissa,

      as I said, I can't be too sure of that, it is just stuff I heard. There is some controversy on their wikipedia page as well (although I don't know how accurate wikipedia really is, I guess it depends on the subject).

      As I said, I found that the best way for me re PETA is to support their campaigns separately, ex I support their anti-fur campaign all the way, the merino wool campaign, the anti-vivisection (although they are a bit tolerant towards some retailers, ex ecover) and the junk food retailers (KFC etc)

      They had important successes in some sectors during the years but in other cases they have been blamed as extremists, and also I found their go nude campaign a bit silly.

      It would be really helpful though if one of the other members here knew anything more and could tell us something. I'm a bit scared of spreading unsubstantiated
      rumours here, but your question is a question I had for months now, so please, whoever knows something for sure, let us know.

      Lina

      Melissa Buchanan <pedanticblondetornado@...> wrote: PETA will not be getting any of my money. I can't believe this. The people that are so militant about saving animals kills them???
      I urge the rest of you to do the same.

      Lina Drimas <drimas_cast@...> wrote: It is said that they just use euthanasia for no good reason, that they are putting healthy animals to sleep. It was said that during the Olympics in Greece WAGNY and PETA met with the greek authorities to discuss the problem of thousands of cats and dogs in the street and that PETA immediately suggested euthanasia.
      I'm not sure how much of this is true.

      I personally support them with on-off donations. I don't agree with some of their policies but in other sectors, like in fur, they have accomplished a lot of stuff. I guess since they have established themselves as the best-known animal rights org globally, it is reasonable to support them is some aspects.

      There has been controversy on the matter for ages, I guess there are clouds of doubt above the whole issue.

      Lina

      Melissa Buchanan <pedanticblondetornado@...> wrote: petakillsanimals.com

      Is this true?? Do they really kill animals???

      neworleans362000 <mark121212a@...> wrote: .........

      Lina Drimas

      Do not tolerate animal cruelty. Oppose any type of torturing, from the fur trade to vivisection, in order to be part of a civilized, educated society. Visit www.peta.com, www.antifurcoaltion.org and www.buav.org for more info.

      This message is private and confidential and addressed to the named recipients only. If you are not the addressee you shouldn't be reading it, as it may contain private information and any violation of the above can possibly result to legal action.