Re: Veal/Dairy/Etc.

  • jraeyre
    Message 1 of 487 , Sep 29, 2001
      Oh, here we go, where to start:<br><br><While
      Wisconsin is known as the dairy state, Wisconsin has
      actually dropped in dairy production from being the number
      1 state to being number 7.><br><br>California,
      Wisconsin,New York, Pennsylvania,Minnisota...<br><br><Why?
      Because states like CA have put in the intenstive
      confinement factory farms like you saw in the
      video.><br><br>A majority of California dairies are still using
      open yards and enclosed parlors due to their kind
      climate. Unless you consider cows walking around on dirt
      in the sun "intensive confinement" I missed your
      point.<br><br>We would love to make reforms and have. We have
      reformed to a market that votes with it's wallet. Pay more
      for food and the farmers won't have to find so many
      ways to save money to remain in business.<br><br>John
    • huntfish25
      Message 487 of 487 , Mar 15, 2002
        thanks for the info i will get the book. what kind of veggi do you
        plant and how much do you stored for he winter. i want to know. i
        guest you can them right. and do you buy anthing from the stored.
        this is for my info i planted small garden lat year and it suck we
        only got few can food from it i was going to try it aain but dont
        have the tim this year.