Fwd: Canadian seal penis - $400 in Beijing restaurant

  • SinDee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2006
      Just when I thought that I had heard it all....

      Fri Mar 10 11:57:58 2006
      Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:21:46 -0800
      From: Bob Chorush
      Subject: Cdn seal penis - $400 in Beijing restaurant

      http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/entertainment/14066644.htm

      BOLD NEW NICHES FOR RESTAURANTS

      The Guo-Li-Zhuang opened recently in Beijing, exclusively serving delicacies made with animal penises and testicles, exploiting the traditional Chinese belief that such foods enhance virility. (Women can prosper, as well, because penis is good for the skin, according to a nutritionist cited in a February London Daily Telegraph dispatch.) Showcase dishes include "Dragon in the flame of desire" (which is yak) and the "hotpot" (six types of penis plus four of testicle). The most expensive is Canadian seal penis, at the equivalent of about $400.

      Several cafes in Hong Kong now lend their dining guests dogs and cats to pet during their visits. This temporary affection, according to a January Der Spiegel dispatch, is popular because Hong Kong residents find it so inconvenient to own pets in such a densely populated city. Also in January, the owner of the Augsburg, Germany, restaurant La Boheme confirmed that while customers are welcome to bring their own dogs with them when they dine, "small children" are not allowed in the evenings. "After a hard day's work, (diners) want some peace," he told Agence France-Presse.