Fw: Shelters kill adoptable animals

  • Cynthia Hendrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: tacitus, Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:38:22 -0700

      Letters@...
      [mailto:Letters @ sfchronicle.com]

      Dear Editor:

      People are furious and shocked beyond belief that People for the Ethical
      Treatment of Animals (PETA) euthanizes animals, but what do these same
      people think is happening in non-PETA shelters all over the country?
      Unfortunately, euthanasia is often done incorrectly, causing animals to
      suffer due to lack of funding or lack of caring. PETA has paid hundreds
      of thousands of dollars to “fix” shelters as much they can be fixed,
      but that’s not enough. Since PETA is absolutely against animal
      suffering, they gently and humanely kill animals that are going to die
      anyway to prevent them from dying on the streets from starvation, death
      by car, human abuse or disease.

      Approximately eight million animals will enter shelters in the United
      States this year and there are not 8 million homes anxiously looking for
      a companion animal. Until the country takes responsibility for the
      massive dog and cat overpopulation, killing will be a way of life for
      every town in the United States.

      Sincerely,

      Alex Bury

      They have several other letters needing signers, too.

      MY NEW GROUP -
      groups.yahoo.com/group/Animal-Rights_Pet-Guardians_Corner
      ----