Re: Vegan vs. Meateaters...

  • sugarcapone
    Message 1 of 487 , Feb 17 4:39 PM
      If you want to get into the environmental
      issues,you are going to have to look outside your part of
      the country.Agricultural land in the U.S. alone 87
      percent is used to raise animals for food-that's 47
      percent of the total land mass in the U.S.!!!! Each
      Vegetarian saves an acre of trees every year!More than 260
      million acres of forest have been cleared to grow crops
      to feed animals raised for meat,and another acre of
      trees disappears every eight seconds.Tropical rain
      forests are destroyed to create grazing land for
      cattle!also it takes 2,500 gallons of water to produce one
      pound of meat,but only 25 gallons to produce one pound
      of wheat.given the current water crisis i think that
      speaks for itself.raising animals for food causes more
      water pollution than any other industry because animals
      raised for food produce 130 times the excrement than the
      entire human race,much of that from factory farms and
      slaughterhouses flows directly into streams and
      rivers,conataminating water sources.Animals raised for food are fed
      more than 80 percent of the corn,and 95 percent of the
      oats we grow.the worlds cattle alone consume a
      quantity of food equal to the caloric needs of 8.7 billion
      people,more than the entire human population on earth!!I dont
      know why i have spent time telling u this,i find u
      very close minded and judgemental and i doubt you are
      capable of looking at things differently.oh well these
      are the facts.Do u have children?because eating meat
      leaves behind an environmental toll that generations to
      come will be forced to pay.<br><br>"NOTHING WIL
      BENEFIT HUMAN HEALTH AND INCREASE CHANCES FOR SURVIVAL ON
      EARTH AS MUCH AS THE EVOLUTION TO A VEGETARIAN
      DIET"-Albert Einstein.<br><br>sugar
    • huntfish25
      Message 487 of 487 , Mar 15, 2002
        thanks for the info i will get the book. what kind of veggi do you
        plant and how much do you stored for he winter. i want to know. i
        guest you can them right. and do you buy anthing from the stored.
        this is for my info i planted small garden lat year and it suck we
        only got few can food from it i was going to try it aain but dont
        have the tim this year.