Re: draw the line?

  • aradia_333
    Message 1 of 487 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hmmmm okies, here we go:<br>"we all know that
      humans come before animals"<br>I don't think so. Maybe
      I'm just weird, but I don't see anything coming
      before anything else. The eco-system can not survive if
      any species is erased (to a degree of course, I mean
      there are extinct species). If a certain kind of fly is
      killed off, it means that it's pray and competition
      grows into excess, the spiders that eat the fly die
      off, *can't think of what eats spiders...* and that
      which eats the spiders will reduce in numbers, and the
      spiders competition will increase in population etc etc
      etc.<br>The problem is, that as humans, we can't except any
      competition. We have grown to excess. Hence the number of
      killer diseases and conditions around at the moment. All
      the major medical 'disasters' which killed off a
      large amount of our species. She (Gaia/Earth) has to
      keep our population under control somehow!! Anarchy is
      on.<br><br>"He rarely sees an animal in distress anyway - and
      anti-experiments are so over-rated."<br>*stops laughing* Ok, you
      must remember that your uncles lab thingy isn't the be
      all and end all of all labs. Your Uncles lab
      practices may not be a reflection of the entire worlds lab
      practices. And if they are so harmless, why not perform them
      on humans?? Then they know that their results are
      acurate. There won't be any mistakes, like that time when
      they said that that drug was safe for use...mothers
      were using it to reduce birth pains, or was it morning
      sickness, anyway, it resulted in birth defects or something
      terible like that (sorry I can't remember details, it was
      a few years ago). At least if they use humans they
      have consent of those tested on. <br>Hmm there has
      been these same arguments in the Psychology field,
      what about their countless achievments. BUT AT WHAT
      COST!! <br>our techonology has grown to the degree that
      we don't need to use our fellow animals for testing
      which is ultimatly usless, since cures for other
      species aren't relevent to ours, isn't it also opening a
      gap of cures lost?? Since drugs which work wonders
      for rats are harmful for humans, can't it work the
      other way around?? Have we lost the cures to major
      diseases because it didn't work on rats?? Why can't we
      keep it all interspecies?? Why subject our friends,
      those who ensure our survival, to usless pain to aid
      survival to those who torture them??<br>anyway, I'll get
    • huntfish25
      Message 487 of 487 , Mar 15, 2002
        thanks for the info i will get the book. what kind of veggi do you
        plant and how much do you stored for he winter. i want to know. i
        guest you can them right. and do you buy anthing from the stored.
        this is for my info i planted small garden lat year and it suck we
        only got few can food from it i was going to try it aain but dont
        have the tim this year.