help stop the sale of puppies at the flea market from the tarheel cluster

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      PLEASE CROSSPOST

      From: Constance39 @ cs.com (remove spaces)
      Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 10:19 AM

      Below is a post of some people who are trying to make a difference and shut down the selling of animals at the flea market. I'm not sure if we still have the flea market puppies folder still in place, but if we don't I will check my cd's for the pics and re-post them. Many of us on this list were concerned
      and outraged at the sale of animals, especially puppies, in such a venue. Here's our chance for our voices to be heard.
      Connie Constance39 @ cs.com (remove spaces)

      Subject: NC state fairgrounds "pet' park (puppy mill topic)

      If you live in NC or care about the fact our state fairgrounds flea market is being used as a facility to promote puppy mill and backyard breeder puppy sales ( and other animals too) take note to the attached. your participation can make a difference . We do not want them to allow this to continue. The
      commission's office has voted to stop the 'Pet Park" sales at the fairgrounds but several of the breeders and their supporters are trying to reverse the
      decision. Please let them know you are in favor of the closing of the animal sales at the flea market.

      Kay

      Forwarded with Permission

      Please call 919 733-7125 and support closing of the Pet Park where they sell animals at the fairgrounds in raleigh. see below.
      thanks !! cathy

      I was at the Fairgrounds Flea Market this past weekend and the Pet Park vendors distributed thousands of copies of flyers asking visitors to call the Agricultural Commissioner's Office to protest the closing of the Pet Park. Every vendor was given a stack of flyers for their table. The flyer states "You can still help to prevent the closing. What makes the pet park unique is that fairground visitors have the opportunity observe,touch and learn about the animals and also meet their owners and breeders in one convenient location." It also states "The simple pleasure of enjoying a great outdoors activity is being taken away from you."

      If we could get the word out and have everyone call Britt Cobbs' office at 919-733-7125 to register our support of the Pet Park closing, maybe we could counter these flyers. I have already called and registered my opinion.