HORRID PUPPYMILL IN LONDON, KY Please join us in protest!

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      From: "Deanna and John O'Brien" <6jdob5 @ msn.com> (remove spaces)

      Please join us in protesting this cruelty and indifference to these unfortunate animals by Kentucky officials. Cross Posting Requested! Ann Larson

      ********2 Sample letters below*********
      Please send a letter/fax to, and/or call:

      Commissioner Billy Ray Smith
      Kentucky Department of Agriculture
      Capitol Annex, Room 188
      Frankfort, KY 40601
      Phone (502) 564-5126
      Fax (502) 564-5016
      Email ag.web @ kyagr.com (remove spaces)

      Thanks to Linda Bober for the following sample letter:
      To whom it concerns:

      I received an email which is quoted below. Is this horror really unfolding in Kentucky and no one is doing anything to stop it?? This is deplorable, unacceptable and completely irresponsible.

      These animals have no voice, they cannot ask for help or call 911. They depend on humans to aid them...humans that brought them into this world. They did not ask to be born, they did not ask to get pregnant with litter after litter of puppies, they did not ask to live in this filth.

      For a brief moment, read the quote, let the scenario sink in, only replace the dog with a human. No way in hell would women in America be forced to give birth against their will in maggot covered feces so why should these animals?

      Something needs to be done and it needs to be done immediately! There are a plethora of rescue groups that would help at the drop of a hat...all they need is some legal action. Be the voice for those with none, stop this nonsense and punish the horrid people responsible for it.
      Thank you in advance for your valuable time,
      Very Sincerely,
      Linda Bober
      Cause4Paws, Illinois

      =======================================

      Thanks to Angell Larson for the following sample letter:

      Dear Commissioner,

      We want to know why the puppymill in London, KY run by Nora Chestnut has not been closed and the animals rescued.

      We want to know why Laurel County Attorney Keith Early there refused to take action even after TV news crews from Channel 36, an ABC affiliate, filmed the dead and dying animals in with rotting carcasses and a dog covered in flies, maggots and feces giving birth in this filth.

      We want to know why rescue personnel are being required to furnish County Attorney Early with the statutes and Kentucky laws concerning animal cruelty before he will act when he should already be familiar with these laws and should have acted on them already.

      We want action and we want it now. These poor animals must not suffer any longer.

      What does it take to put an end to animal cruelty in Kentucky and the indifference of officials to this suffering?

      Angell Larson
      Founder, Senior Dog Rescue and Retirement Home
      1525 Joe Acree Road
      Edmonton, KY
      Phone: (270) 432- 2857
      angeltax@...

      President, ELIPS of Metcalfe County (Every Litter Is Preventable, Spay)

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor