Vote

  • halsue
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2000
      I'm helping an online campaign to encourage people to vote, called
      VotePledge.org. Can you help? To encourage this good work,
      VotePledge.org
      has offered a $10,000 award to the person who gets the most people to
      pledge
      that they will vote on November 7th. Please help by telling everyone
      you
      know about this site.

      This is really important work. When few citizens vote, we get
      politicians
      elected by special interests rather than people. In 1998 under 42% of
      eligible voters participated in the election. I, for one, am exercising
      my
      franchise. I will vote. And I encourage you to vote.
      But you can do even more. You can spread the word. And it's easy.
      Just go to:

      http://www.votepledge.org/index.html?r_id=LB8EAA%3D%3D%0A

      Through VotePledge, you can add your name to a simple, non-partisan,
      confidential pledge to vote. Then use VotePledge.org to encourage your
      friends
      and colleagues to do the same. VotePledge keeps track of how many people
      sign
      up from your outreach. If you sign up the most people, VOTEPLEDGE WILL
      AWARD YOU THE $10,000 VOTEPLEDGE DEMOCRACY AWARD.

      Plenty is at stake on November 7th -- a new President, congressional
      leadership, the Supreme Court. Nothing could be more important than this

      simple act of announcing your personal commitment to democracy.

      To act, go to

      http://www.votepledge.org/index.html?r_id=LB8EAA%3D%3D%0A

      It takes just a minute. Your privacy is guaranteed.

      - Harold Rosenthal