Neighborhood Tours--A New Link on Phillyneighborhoods.org

  • Ed Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
                                             PhillyNeighborhoods.org  Link  "GoPhila" Neighborhood Tours

      The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) has been sponsoring Neighborhood Tours for some time, but we just learned about this recently.

      If you go to http://phillyneighborhoods.org, you can now link directly to the web site that describes the tours and gives you instructions on how to sign up.

      The next tour is a walking tour of Chinatown this Saturday, from 10:00AM-1:00PM, leaving from the Independence Visitors Center at 6th & Market St. The tours take three hours. People are asked to arrive between 9:15-9:45 AM.

      Tickets for a tour  are $30, but seniors and students get a $5 discount.

      The Neighborhood Tours web site provides information on all upcoming tours through the spring and summer months.

      We will be adding each tour to the calendars of PhillyBlocks and NOLPhiladelphia for announcements to those lists.

      This is an invaluable way to get in-depth understanding of Philadelphia's neighborhoods and all of them are being planned with local community organizations.

      We're glad to be able to provide even greater attention to this important project.