Online Information for Election Day Canvassers (and how to use it)

  • Ed Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi-

      The newspapers tomorrow will provide information that individual voters will need as we go to the polls.

      The links below (on the signature) are offered to people who are canvassing today (Monday) to increase turnout.

      I will include this signature file on all posts between now and the end of the day Tuesday.

      First: The Urban Voters Campaign web site provides fast links to all candidate web sites, including their local headquarters/
      Second: Use the Hallwatch.org poll locator to find polling places.
      Third: Not sure of a ward and division? Check it below from the Census Bureau. They call division "pct" for precinct.
      Fourth: Want to get a voting target for a division based on its vote in 2000? Use  Target Increase for Divisions.
      Fifth: Want to check the 2000 returns for every ward and division in the city? Use Target Increase Spreadsheet

      One more way that the target vote can give you a sense of how your division is doing:

      If you determine the target vote for your division before going to the polls, you can get a sense of how the division is doing by asking the registrar how many people have voted already. You should be able to tell how well the division is doing, based on its target.

      This election promises to produce the greatest turnout in Philadelphia--and nationally--in years.

      We hope these online resources are useful to you.

      Ed Schwartz

      For Election Day Phone Numbers  Urban Voters Campaign
      For Polling Place Locations Polling Places
      To Find Your Ward, Division by Address  Ward, Division By Address
      For Division Target Increase Over 2000 Target Increase for Divisions
      For Ward Target Increase Over 2000 Target Increase for Wards and Divisions (Spreadsheet)