Rally to Support Public Education

  • Ed Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      June 1, 2000
      Dear Friend of Public Education,

      I am writing to invite you to join parents, community members, union members,
      teachers, and other friends of public education at a rally and press
      conference on Thursday, June 8 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. outside Temple's Liacouras
      Center (the old Apollo) at Broad & Cecil B. Moore Streets.

      The rally is co-sponsored by the Pennsylvania Campaign for Public Education,
      the Alliance Organizing Project, Jobs with Justice, and many more partners.
      The PFT is in support of the event and will be making a public statement
      during the rally.

      We are inviting you to:

      1. Bring your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family. You can pick up
      extra copies of the flyer from the AOP office or they can be delivered to you
      upon request.

      2. Register your group to speak at the rally.

      3. Bring signs and posters with you in support of public education. Our
      message is to say no to state takeover, yes to smaller class size, yes to
      higher teacher salaries, and yes to more equitable public education funding.

      To receive copies of the flyer or to register your group to speak at the
      rally, please contact me at (215) 625-9916.

      On behalf of all of the members of the Pennsylvania Campaign for Public
      Education, we look forward to seeing you on the 8th and thank you for your
      dedication to the children of Philadelphia!

      Sincerely,

      Kelley Collings
      Assistant Director
      SAY

      NO to state takeover
      YES to smaller class size
      YES to higher teacher salaries
      YES to more public education funding

      SAY IT LOUD!

      Join parents, community members, teachers, union members, and others from
      across Philadelphia at a rally and press conference in support of public education.

      Parents and Teachers Unite!

      Join us as we stand in support of our teachers at the general meeting of the
      Philadelphia Federation of Teachers (PFT).

      Good working conditions for teachers = good learning conditions for children.

      Thursday, June 8 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.outside Temple's Liacouras Center (the old Apollo)
      at Broad St. & Cecil B. Moore

      This event is co-sponsored by the Pennsylvania Campaign for Public Education,
      the Alliance Organizing Project, Jobs with Justice, and many more!

      To register your group to speak at the rally, call
      Kelley Collings at the Alliance Organizing Project at (215) 625-9916 or
      John Braxton at Jobs with Justice at (215) 735-3615.